• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When will '09 dates be released?

Cathymg2

Earning My Ears
I know it's still only 2007, but we've decided to cruise in 2009, when our newest addition will be 3, and eligible to go to the kid's club for free. We sailed when our son was 3, and it worked out great having the drop-in childcare available at our convenience.

Anyone know, so I can start dreaming now? We've agreed to do a western cruise, since we did the eastern last time. Can't wait!!!

Cathy

This is only a guess based on when DCL released the 2008 dates - January to April released in Oct/Nov, balance of year January.

Hope that helps!

Something I really do know the answer to. I once called Disney and was told, the dates are not required to be out until December for the time you are hoping for. They have a target date for October 1st, but most likely it will be November 1st. They also told me, with the "two family additions" (other ships) coming, they are trying to fiqure out ports and itentararies for the next session of dates. I guess they want to cover what they can prior to the birth of our next vessels.:rotfl: I know the wait seems long. I remember last July, waiting and waiting for the 2008 dates, which finally came out in October. Now, back then I did get on an e-mail alert list that e-mailed me on the date they were released. I guess others were on the list too, because by the time we fiqured out the date three days later, all of the cat 3s were gone. So I know there were others waiting just like me. :rolleyes: Hope this helps.:hippie:

"Now, back then I did get on an e-mail alert list that e-mailed me on the date they were released."

How did you get an email alert atinkerbellmom? I would love to know. Another anxious '09 waiter here. I too am waiting until my youngest turns 3- that will be in Sept '09.

What month are you planning on Cathy? Were planning to do the 7 night Western.:yay:

Cheers,
Mel:cutie:

Thanks! That's not too long to wait. I've waited this long, since Oct. 05 on our last cruise!

Mel, we are planning to cruise probably September or October '09 too. My BIL and SIL have a baby the same age as our new baby, and they want to go too. Our babies will turn 3 in June, so we'll probably go late summer/early fall. We did an October cruise last time and the weather was positively perfect! We did the Halloween cruise and it was tons of fun. Of course, my older child will be in school, but it'll only be first grade, so we may be able to take him out for a week.

Thanks again, everyone! I knew I could count on the DIS'ers to know :thumbsup2

Cathy

Waiting for '09 dates here too. DH and I want to do a vow renewal to celebrate 10 years of marriage. We are looking at a May sail date and would prefer a Western but I'll take anything since I just want to be back aboard the Magic. Our last cruise was the 2 week Panama Crossing in May of 2005.

Of course the '09 cruise will be our first with a little one. We just found out that I am expecting. So this will be a whole new adventure!!!

2008 dates from about april until the end of the year was released on jan 31, 2007

Thanks! That's not too long to wait. I've waited this long, since Oct. 05 on our last cruise!

Mel, we are planning to cruise probably September or October '09 too. My BIL and SIL have a baby the same age as our new baby, and they want to go too. Our babies will turn 3 in June, so we'll probably go late summer/early fall. We did an October cruise last time and the weather was positively perfect! We did the Halloween cruise and it was tons of fun. Of course, my older child will be in school, but it'll only be first grade, so we may be able to take him out for a week.

Thanks again, everyone! I knew I could count on the DIS'ers to know :thumbsup2

Cathy

I have a June 06 baby too. We're crusing this Thanksgiving. But I'm thinking of planning our next cruise for October or November of 09 when he's 3! Seems a long way off... but really it goes by fast!

"Now, back then I did get on an e-mail alert list that e-mailed me on the date they were released."

How did you get an email alert atinkerbellmom? I would love to know. Another anxious '09 waiter here. I too am waiting until my youngest turns 3- that will be in Sept '09.

What month are you planning on Cathy? Were planning to do the 7 night Western.:yay:

Cheers,
Mel:cutie:[/QUOTE]

I am sooooo sorry, but I actually do not remember how I got on the list. I know I alerted Disney via e-mail that I was waiting for the dates to come out because I was trying to book a large party, but I do not know if I had to call someone else or not. I did it last July when we came back from celebrating our 10th anniversary and renewing our vows on the ship. If I remember, I will do a little note searching, :surfweb: I will PM you if you would like. SORRY, I must be getting older. No secrets, just memory infart.:confused3

Waiting for '09 dates here too. DH and I want to do a vow renewal to celebrate 10 years of marriage. We are looking at a May sail date and would prefer a Western but I'll take anything since I just want to be back aboard the Magic. Our last cruise was the 2 week Panama Crossing in May of 2005.

Of course the '09 cruise will be our first with a little one. We just found out that I am expecting. So this will be a whole new adventure!!!

Congrats on the baby :banana: :cheer2: Did you see my last post. We renewed our vows for our 10th on the ship as well. If you want to know anything I can help you with, let me know........
:hippie:

:lmao: :lmao: No worries atinkerbellmom, thanks so much for the offer.If you do come across the info I would be interested to know but if not its ok. Im sure it will be posted on here somewhere the minute someone gets a sniff of information:thumbsup2

Thanks again,
Mel:yay:

I am anxiously awaiting the anouncement of 2009 dates! We are looking to cruise on the Wonder in January 2009.

January through May 2008 was announced November 1, 2006. So I would say probably around the same time for 2009! We are waiting for the 2nd half of 2009, but will probably book while on board in April!

Yes your looking at:-

Wonder 3/4 night, standard cruises January-April 2009, out ''soon''
Magic standard 7 night cruises January-April 2009, next.

In early 2009.

Wonder 3/4, full year,2009.
Magic September to December 2009 standard cruises.

The Magic special cruises for May to August 2009, will be the last to be announced, the earliest dates for release of this special cruises was January 31st, but it has been anywhere up to May 5th.

Panama and Mexico 2008 was January 31st 2007.
Med 2007, was 4th April 2006.
Panama and Mexico 2005, was May 5th 2004.

What will be interesting for 2009, is the effect that the forthcoming new ships will have, whilst they will not be available for a couple more years, In my opinion, the fact they are on order means that DCL cannot retreat back into the Caribbean only, it has to be bold and establish it self in new markets.

We have seen the West coast of USA, DCL is establishing itself there, two times now in 2005 and 2008. Very popular.

We have seen the Med cruises this year, again very popular and a money spinner for DCL, high prices during low season in the Caribbean, and so many shore excursions must have brought in considerable funds.

Both these trips, expanded DCL to new areas, new cruisers, and a common link, where Disney has some foothold nearby either Disney Adventures ashore, or a Disney park, Disneyland California, Disneyland Paris.

So in summary, with two new ships coming, DCL cannot retreat back to the Caribbean only, its there September to April with two ships anyway. There are contracts with ports of call and Port Canaveral which means it cannot leave these areas. DCL has to be bold and push boundaries, test markets, -as so many other cruise lines are getting exclusive port contracts forcing DCL out to less desirable ports.

Captain Tom hinted at Northern Europe, in the summer and also said DCL will be back to the Med, we shall see, but I cannot see them just staying in the Caribbean, when they have to service four ships in a couple more years time.

Listen to this week's DIS Unplugged podcast.

It should be available Tuesday and I have some great DCL rumors to share.

Kevin

Sorry...the only "hint" I can give is that the info will be in this weeks podcast.

Kevin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter