• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

When WDW re-opens: Price hike or lots of discounts??

When WDW re-open, do you expect a price hike or lots of discounts?

• Price hike

Votes: 115 27.1%
  • Lots of discounts

Votes: 309 72.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I barely even look at prices at WDW. I know it’s gonna be expensive or more expensive. So I would barely notice myself.

After being out of work for months, do you think, people are going to get a vacation this year. Disney Parks maybe ok. Buy airplanes. Busses, people pack in a box. ?
Disney is going to have to discount major. 9-11 only effective transportation, people were working then. And they had problems.
now propel will Have to come up with money to do this trip

After being out of work for months, do you think, people are going to get a vacation this year. Disney Parks maybe ok. Buy airplanes. Busses, people pack in a box. ?
Disney is going to have to discount major. 9-11 only effective transportation, people were working then. And they had problems.
now propel will Have to come up with money to do this trip
Also many people will have already used their vacation days due to quarantine, etc.

Regular visitors do. Most Disney guests are not regulars.

ETA I would not notice at all if I didn’t read these boards.
There are articles all over the internet, and people also know when they go to buy things. Even Disney is subject to basic economics of supply and demand. I am older than most on here I guess but after 9/11 Disney was slashing prices and desperately trying to fill the parks for a VERY long time and that was just people being jittery. Now they need to pull in people who know that Disney actually literally represents increased health risk. Yes they will be aware of that and aware that prices are higher/too high. Oh and let's not forget the major recession the economy will be in!

There are articles all over the internet, and people also know when they go to buy things. Even Disney is subject to basic economics of supply and demand. I am older than most on here I guess but after 9/11 Disney was slashing prices and desperately trying to fill the parks for a VERY long time and that was just people being jittery. Now they need to pull in people who know that Disney actually literally represents increased health risk. Yes they will be aware of that and aware that prices are higher/too high. Oh and let's not forget the major recession the economy will be in!

People always complain that the prices are too high. They either pay it or they don’t. I would never be able to tell you what prices went up on a restaurant menu from year to year.

People always complain that the prices are too high. They either pay it or they don’t. I would never be able to tell you what prices went up on a restaurant menu from year to year.
They don't just complain. They stop going. Remember Disney has competition. Not only from other theme parks, but from other vacations. I'm a healthcare provider on the front line. I am getting hazard pay. I am one of the few who will come out of this with more money (assuming I survive). We have plenty of money for Disney, but I was already offended at the high prices for less experience before COVID. Now they want to lure me and my money in and are going to charge even more money for even LESS experience? Why? I could go to Hawaii and stay in a condo with a private butler bringing me things and not have to worry about catching or transmitting a deadly virus. I am not alone in thinking this. The "ignorant masses" (those lucky enough to have not been touched economically by a severe recession) are also a part of free market forces and if Disney forgot this, they will remember it soon enough. It actually makes me angry that Disney is raising prices right now. It's very tone deaf in my opinion. I hope they wake up.

They don't just complain. They stop going. Remember Disney has competition. Not only from other theme parks, but from other vacations. I'm a healthcare provider on the front line. I am getting hazard pay. I am one of the few who will come out of this with more money (assuming I survive). We have plenty of money for Disney, but I was already offended at the high prices for less experience before COVID. Now they want to lure me and my money in and are going to charge even more money for even LESS experience? Why? I could go to Hawaii and stay in a condo with a private butler bringing me things and not have to worry about catching or transmitting a deadly virus. I am not alone in thinking this. The "ignorant masses" (those lucky enough to have not been touched economically by a severe recession) are also a part of free market forces and if Disney forgot this, they will remember it soon enough. It actually makes me angry that Disney is raising prices right now. It's very tone deaf in my opinion. I hope they wake up.
Count me in your group, although I quit going three years ago because of the price increases and no increase in value.

Count me in your group, although I quit going three years ago because of the price increases and no increase in value.
We stopped going around 5-6 years and I have been passholder for years and years.

We started to do cruises every year, because we can do a seven day cruise for what it would cost to do four days at Disney

Throwing my hat in the Price Hike ring! Disney has to make this lost revenue up somehow- off of my stimulus check is going to be a good start and I KNOW I’m not the only one here saying that 🤣

We stopped going around 5-6 years and I have been passholder for years and years.

We started to do cruises every year, because we can do a seven day cruise for what it would cost to do four days at Disney
Used to live in Tampa Bay area and started getting passes when they first started issuing them; a good value back then. Moved out West and still bought passes, making 3 or 4 trips back there a year. Value just isn't there anymore. Don't like Disneyland either, always congested on smaller paths.

Throwing my hat in the Price Hike ring! Disney has to make this lost revenue up somehow- off of my stimulus check is going to be a good start and I KNOW I’m not the only one here saying that 🤣

Thats the problem and why all these companies are in the boat they are in right now. They are all about immediate profits and enriching the current executives rather than building a stable company that can avoid an economic hit like this.

The smart move for Disney is to gain goodwill right even if it comes at a loss. Raising prices shows how tone deaf the executives (who also complained about their pay cuts) really are.

Disney is no different than every other greedy conglomerate and the "magic" is disillusioned guests who think Disney cares about them.

Some people believe we should hunker down until December and those people are being ridiculed by others saying this will kick back up in November/December and that this is a 2+ year event - I just have to shake my head and thank God they aren't making the decisions. There will be NOTHING left to go back to if we follow that logic.

If the more vulnerable population wants to continue to hunker down fine, but the rest of us need to get back to work.
You're so right. Around here, I follow a group of people that live in the community, most who have retired and moved down from up North. I noticed that it is these people, who are essentially only mad because they can't access the beaches that they moved down here for, that are suggesting that we stay on lock down for pretty much ever! They're still able to afford to order in and they don't rely on the workforce anymore. I was talking to my dad when we first shut down and I think my mouth fell open when he piped up, "I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF ANYONE WILL BE IN THE OFFICE TO CUT MY CHECK!":sad2: God forbid he doesn't get one of his TWO retirement checks. lol I definitely see the different groups and the different viewpoints happening.

I can't see WDW soft opening. No one is going to book a trip to stay on property with only Disney Springs open. The resorts will drain even more money if they try that because having a full staff back on payroll and no rooms occupied etc...I believe it's going to have to be an all or nothing thing or people are just going to wait anyway, until everything opens. I know I would. I'm not spending money just to spend money. They'd have to offer half price packages if they expected people to come and only have half the experience and we already know that Disney doesn't care WHAT they've got torn up, unavailable etc...they don't come off those ticket prices because of limited things to do. I thought that they should be offering discounted tickets for Epcot right now while it's a hot mess, but as long as people keep going, we'll never catch a break. It's kind of a catch 22, people have to buy expensive park hoppers so the park is going to stay crowded because the guests aren't skipping anything. It's always a take it or leave it deal with Disney. "You don't have to go, but you're paying for it either way."

You're so right. Around here, I follow a group of people that live in the community, most who have retired and moved down from up North. I noticed that it is these people, who are essentially only mad because they can't access the beaches that they moved down here for, that are suggesting that we stay on lock down for pretty much ever! They're still able to afford to order in and they don't rely on the workforce anymore. I was talking to my dad when we first shut down and I think my mouth fell open when he piped up, "I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF ANYONE WILL BE IN THE OFFICE TO CUT MY CHECK!":sad2: God forbid he doesn't get one of his TWO retirement checks. lol I definitely see the different groups and the different viewpoints happening.

I can't see WDW soft opening. No one is going to book a trip to stay on property with only Disney Springs open. The resorts will drain even more money if they try that because having a full staff back on payroll and no rooms occupied etc...I believe it's going to have to be an all or nothing thing or people are just going to wait anyway, until everything opens. I know I would. I'm not spending money just to spend money. They'd have to offer half price packages if they expected people to come and only have half the experience and we already know that Disney doesn't care WHAT they've got torn up, unavailable etc...they don't come off those ticket prices because of limited things to do. I thought that they should be offering discounted tickets for Epcot right now while it's a hot mess, but as long as people keep going, we'll never catch a break. It's kind of a catch 22, people have to buy expensive park hoppers so the park is going to stay crowded because the guests aren't skipping anything. It's always a take it or leave it deal with Disney. "You don't have to go, but you're paying for it either way."

We’re still booked for June but we have the ability to go to the second week in July before my daughter’s cheer camps start up. We won’t settle for a partial experience in June if that is in fact what they’ve got planned for reopening. We could push it out up to a few weeks or cancel and try again later. 😞

I’m not sure where that rumor started but Disney has got to realize people won’t drop that kind of money in this economy for anything outside of the full experience. Iger is back now btw, NYT article last night said he’s taking the CEO position back, I believe he’s a realist and will push to open soon.

That is where healthcare has it's advantage. They can raise prices all the want and when we are ill, we still have to go. pirate: So, my guess is Disney knows the price point and balances where they will get the most revenue. Demand was great before this virus and they operated like it was. IF Demand goes down, I think they will operate like it did. Discounts, etc.

Disney has got to realize people won’t drop that kind of money in this economy for anything outside of the full experience.

Whoa there! :tigger: I will drop a significant amount of money even if it is not the full experience.

But, we have been down there before for long weekends with no parks. Just relaxing at hotels and Springs and doing a monorail pub crawl would be a quick fix for what Ale's me.....:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter