When was the last time your cleaned your dryer vent?

My dryer stopped heating a month ago, and my first thought was, well, it is 15 years old. Just get a new one. Then, I went to YouTube and saw how easy it was to replace the heating element. Thanks, YouTube.

If you use dryer sheets vs. liquid softner, just cleaning the dryer lint filter is not sufficient. The lint filter gets clogged with the sheet's residue. To see if yours is clogged - take it out and run water through it - if it hardly flows through, it needs a good cleaning with a brush.

Leaving it clogged lowers the efficiency of your dryer as it has to work harder to push air through - also a fire hazard!

This was recommended to me - I tried it, sure enough, mine was clogged, not too much though, as I mostly use liquid. A friends' was clogged to a point that NO water passed through the screen.
Huh, I never knew this. Off to check mine out.

It has been a few months...probably needs it again. Every now and then one of us will pull the plastic thing thing loose on the side of the house and clean it (every week or whenever we think about it kind of thing), but it needs a good thorough cleaning again I am sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter