When was the last time you were in your local police station?

Yesterday! I’m retired from the detective bureau (secretary) and I brought everyone lunch!

TC :cool1:

Never for official police business (other than with a friend and they told her where to go for a parking ticket sitution). Unofficially our police station has a community room in the front (so you don't go into the actual police area so I've been to that part a few times. Outside there is a an area to do things like exhange money/craiglist items that we used once for an ebay item or something. I was also part of a community event with leftover food - since it was not factory sealed we could not donate leftovers to a soup kitchen. I had a friend contact a police detective friend - they were very happy to accept some of our food donations so I dropped off a bunch but again never stepped past the desk you go to on arrival. Other police stations I've been on tours. The food actually originated from a restaurant across the street from the police station.

About 12 years ago. My dd’s Girl Scout troop got a tour and I was the leader so I went for that. Since then I only got as far as the front door where they do prescription medicine take backs and you can leave your meds there.

1987. Last Summer Blast we did every year. Was spending the night in the woods. Decided we should have brought hot dogs. Had a car but as teenagers we did the right thing and was walking to the gas station for food, someone had 1 beer left, and a cop pulled up on us while we were walking down the road while he was finishing said can of beer.

Sure, not too smart at 2 am as teenagers drinking in the woods, but we did make the choice to walk rather than drive the car.

Lost my license for 6 months, as soon as I passed the driver's test and got it 6 months later when I turned 16.

I don't remember the year, maybe 10 years ago, the boys had to do a tour for a scout badge of some sort.

I went to bail out a lady friend of mine. Someone wanted to tag along. The told him to wait, he said I'll be back. Then well oopsie, You make one mistaking of the gas pedal for the brake, have a little accident and all of a sudden my passenger gets out mad and starts shooting. Let this be a lesson. Don't pick up strangers.

About 20 years ago until I retired . Went in every day for roll call and back in to check out after a shift.
Actually not true now that I think about it. I stopped in about 10 years ago to see if anyone I worked with was still around.

Never been to the police station, but I did go into the sheriffs office a few years ago to use the prescription drop box to dispose of my Mom’s old medications.

Never in Philly or where I live now in NJ, but one summer my sister and I had to go and pick up her niece from the police station in Wildwood. She got caught underage drinking on the boardwalk. Had vodka in a water bottle, like the cops there haven't seen that about a million times a season from kids. They released her to us with a citation and a warning.

Probably 10-15 years ago. I had a Garmin stolen from my car parked in my driveway and went in to report it. I learned my lesson and now always lock my car even though I live in a small town.

At 74 years old, I can truthfully state that I have never been in a police station. I'm not sure if that is good or bad.

It's a long story.
UncomfortableTastyBlackfish-max-1mb.gif

I've only been in a police station once on actual business - to pay a ticket at the desk. It was easy to do. Otherwise, there used to be a little police museum downtown, but it was also a substation - basically a desk with one offocer at it. It was to keep an eye on the party district there, but as kids we would look in the museum as it had some cool stuff and a model cell - probably used to be a real cell, or at least a drunk tank considering the location.

During the summer. Our local police station is a drop off location for old, expired, prescription and OTC meds. I had a few bags from my parents to get rid of. This is a great way to safely dispose of unwanted no longer used meds.

Our police station has this service too. I dropped off some prescription pain meds that my husband refused to take after rotator cuff surgery. He "toughed" it out, but I don't know how!
The police department has a slot you insert the meds in - you don't even have to put them in plastic baggies. Very convenient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter