• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When was the last time you were in a car journey which last more than 3 hours?

Yesterday and the day before. My DD6 decided instead of playing with Barbie in her Dream House, that the family was taking a 7 day drive to California - with no stops along the way! So we’ve had to make up adventures that strictly occurred in the car or at gas stations along the drive

On the second day of playing, the Barbie family finally reached Cali, put their feet in the sand, and immediately began the 7 day drive back home! 🤪

Other than that, we usually take at least 1 or two road trips a year, but haven’t done so since the lockdowns. Driving to Cali for Christmas (with stops in Portland and Ashland, OR) used to be fun. Now, Portland is a shell of its former self, and a 13 hour road trip with a six year old is a whole set of challenges.

Chicago to the Cape? Wow, now that's a long drive. And I thought W. Mass to Detroit was unbearable.
It’s about 20 hours. As years have gone on I’ve chopped a bit off by leaving the night before and staying in somewhere like Toledo

This weekend. On Saturday we drove 6 hours across the state to move our oldest into her college dorm. Then turned around and drove the 6 hours home yesterday afternoon. With road construction and accident traffic it expended to over 7.5 hours.

About 3 weeks ago when we went to Orlando. But tomorrow one of my sons goes back to college 2.5 hours away so it will be 5 hours R/T.

Twice in the past two weeks. 16 hours from PA to Florida, then 16 hours from Florida to PA. Straight though. We do it so often it seems like a Sunday drive anymore, lol.

I think summer of 2021? we went to the beach and it was fun, but then we adopted our cat and neither of my kids wants to leave him to go to the beach again so I'm planning a girl's beach trip in September with some friends because I miss the beach!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter