• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When was the last time you went to the other side of your country?

West Coast; September, 2021. I've never been to Canada's East Coast or the far North.

Summer of 1980 for Maine and other New England states, never to the west side and no plans to go there. A year ago for Florida.

Summer of 2021. Florida to California, then to Maine, then back to Florida. With a lot of stops in between, of course!

Depends on what you mean by went to the other side. I live in Georgia right now, the other side if you are going west is California. I went to California in 1973, but not from Georgia, from New Mexico. From New Mexico the other side would have been the east coast. I moved to Georgia in 1978 but not from New Mexico, from the Middle East (the section of the world not the US).

2017! I went with my Mother from Newfoundland to BC! And I managed to visit every province of Canada that year!.

Made point of visiting Cape Spear, and Mile 1 of the TCH (TransCanadaHighway), and The Terry Fox Statue in NL before I went.
And in BC, Vancouver Istand I went to their TCH Mile 1 & to the Terry Fox Statue there.
(Terry Fox, because I am a runner, and my family has also been touched by Cancer)

(If you don’t know the story of Terry Fox, pls see here: https://terryfox.org/terrys-story/
In brief, he was an active 18yr old who lost a leg to Cancer & decided to run across Canada in 1980 to raise awareness & funds for Cancer research. His cancer returned, he was not able to continue, ending his run on Sep 1 1980 & passing away Jun 28 1981.
His dream lit a spark & there’s been hundreds of millions of dollars raised for Cancer Research since then. His motto was:
“ANYTHING‘S POSSIBLE IF YOU JUST TRY”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter