When was the last time you used anything you learned at school in real life?

Reading and writing. Doing it right now as a matter of fact.
I was going to say this too. And as a cook, I use fractions pretty much daily. I also majored in business in university and lo, all these many years later, I'm now working for a recent MBA who is determined to modernize our company's operations. The management theories have certainly changed over time but I'm one of the few who at least have a background in understanding them, so it's actually been a huge advantage for me.

You've learned so much over the course of your formative years in schools that you're always using some piece of knowledge or applying some skillset you learned and you're not even aware of it. School is an amalgam of knowledge.

I use what I learned in school all the time. As much as I hated school, I can now admit it was a worthy endeavor.

Every day. As others have said, reading, writing, typing, math, cooking, sewing, dealing with other people (that can be a tough one! LOL)

Happy New Year everyone!

if you can follow spoken instructions you are using it.
I meant the dancing not doing the instructions - but will admit I have issues keeping my right / left straight often hence problems with square dancing I’m always going the wrong way !! 🤣🤣

I've used a lot of stuff I learned in K-12 almost daily.

I haven't used one ounce of anything I learned in college though, since graduating over 20 years ago.

I use math every day. I use the basic concepts of algebra often, as do many people (cooking, sports, finance, business, logical thinking) but don't use what we consider "higher math" quite so often or so explicitly. I won't write an algebraic equation. I use fractions every day. Cooking, estimated time (I need to leave in a quarter of an hour), I have about a third of a tank of gas before I run out. etc. I use mental math constantly (comparing items for sale at the store). I know our teachers told us to learn math because "you won't have a calculator at the store," but I find it far more efficient to do mental math than to start typing on my phone. If I am not wearing my glasses I am much more likely to punch in the wrong numbers. I also use mental math to calculate tips. Just take ten percent and double it.

Everything else? I feel that what I use is more of an accumulated skill, like making a reasonable argument at work, supporting ideas, etc. That requires me to draw on what I have learned on my own plus what I learned in school and apply it to situations. Sure, some of that was learned at home or from life.

Every day. Reading, writing, math, how to work well with others and share.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter