• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When was the last time you got dressed up?

2015 for an event at the Kennedy Center in DC. I had to actually buy an outfit for the event as I don’t do dress up things in general. I am rarely called to wear anything more formal than business/church attire.

A nephew's wedding in November. We were expecting it to be quite the affair: 5pm ceremony, 6:30 cocktail hour (open bar) followed by dinner and dancing at the country club overlooking the golf course, formal attire suggested. Imagine our surprise when "dinner" was a BBQ buffet! I don't mean to be critical, really, and we had a lovely time celebrating with family and friends. I was just surprised, given the info about location, dress, and details, that it was a somewhat casual meal!

I wore my Easter dress, hose and heels to work on the Thursday before Good Friday, just because I knew I wouldn't be wearing it anywhere else this year. :laughing: I haven't been in formal wear since the festive party circuit last Christmas.

Two weeks ago. And, by "dressed up" I mean putting on dress slacks and a nicer top. Wearing a dress? Last time was on vacation in Mexico in January.

I don't remember. 15-20 years ago? I hate getting dressed up.

Lol, do you mean quarantine dressed up? I had to change out of pajamas and dress more professionally to take pictures/video for students.

If we are talking in general, I had to get dressed up for a wedding sometime last year, I honestly can't remember if it was in the late summer or early fall.

March 1st - our anniversary. Went to nice dinner. But we really got dressed up for a blacktie wedding on Feb 14 in NYC.... It was so fun. We stayed over night in a nice hotel too! BUt then we had to drive early the next morning back home since I had to work :(

March 14th, my nephew's wedding. Talk about squeaking a wedding in! :)

Depends on your definition of dressed up. Very dressed up has been years. In a Suit/Pant Suit it was for a funeral in February of a friend of my Parents who I had known since Age 5.
Since then for me it has been the normal everyday since retiring Jeans . Not yet warm enough here for Capris or Shorts. DH wore Business Casual for a couple of weeks when he went in to work in late February/early March . After then he too has been in Jeans.

2015 for an event at the Kennedy Center in DC. I had to actually buy an outfit for the event as I don’t do dress up things in general. I am rarely called to wear anything more formal than business/church attire.

Business attire IS “dressed up.”

At this point does dressed up count as something other than yoga pants, leggings, or pajama pants??? 😂🤦‍♀️

Heck with WFH, pants are optional.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter