When to the 50th anniversary celebrations start at WDW?

4orm

DIS Veteran
I heard May 5th...but I'm not sure. I know they are for DL, but what about Disneyworld?
My husband and I are planning our wedding anniversary trip (which is April 28) and were hoping to run into the 50th ann. celebrations.
Has anything been released? Any ideas?
Thanks!

Since this will be the 50th anniversay of Disneyland, I wouldn't expect to see much, if anything, in Orlando. But this wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. :rolleyes:

They are celebrating the anniversary at all the parks... I remember reading about it a few months back. :wave:

Everything I've read says May 5th--ALL parks including overseas. Not sure of the particulars on themeing, but since DL and I will both be celebrating our 50th (DL, July 17th and me exactly 2 months later), I will be there--planning 5 trips for 2005!!

I will be celebrating my 40th. birthday next summer at WDW! :)

Did anyone hear anymore about them turning the Castle into a birthday cake like they did for WDW 25th? I hope that is just a nasty rumor, the Castle looked awful that year.:rolleyes:

Krista

I heard they will be doing up the castle so it looks like a royal celebration, like the birth of Aurora in Sleeping Beauty. Banners and flags, etc...Should like nice!

Originally posted by 4orm
I heard they will be doing up the castle so it looks like a royal celebration, like the birth of Aurora in Sleeping Beauty. Banners and flags, etc...Should like nice!

That would be okay, just please no pink icing!!! :teeth:

Kristaprincess:

I liked the pink cake. For anyone that hasn't seen it I have it up on my photo sharing site listed below.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter