When to start planning for Feb 2020?

Raya

DIS Veteran
Given the SW:GE news, we'd like to plan a wildly different (for us) trip in late Feb or early March. When would I need to start planning for that?

I typically have my Halloween/MNSSHP trips booked and ready to go 6 months in advance. Would the Feb or March time frame need to be booked even earlier?

We went this year the last week in January/ First week in Feb and was able to make reservations at the end of June. We are planning on going Late Feb of 2020 and plan on booking about the same time as long as its possible.

The 2020 rates and packages should come out late spring/early summer if I recall correctly. I believe you can book a room only reservation now for your spring 2020 trip and they will adjust the pricing and you can convert your room to a package once next years rates are announced.

Our trips have been in Feb and Apr and I booked both as soon as the packages became available and was always able to find the dates and resort that I wanted without a problem. I have no idea if SW:GE will change how far out resorts start booking up. Looks like we’ll soon find out.

Last edited:
If it was me, I'd book a room only now. Especially if I had my heart set on a particular property or room type.

We booked our February 2020 rooms and while the CM did say it was a "glitch" and he just need to refresh, he said the standard rooms were gone for CBR when I was trying to get 2. He was able to refresh and get me a 2nd, but I'm certainly glad I booked regardless, especially with the announcement yesterday.

Late February/Early March is my favorite time to go to WDW! You'll love it- the weather is usually nice that time of year. We're DVC so we book our room 11 months in advance and then do dining at 180 days and FP at 60 days. I love planning so I'm always working on our next trip. I would book your room as soon as the 2020 rates come out (probably May/June).

FWIW, school vacations can happen for the northeast around presidents day and then other schools can go on spring break starting early March. We just came back from a 2/26 - 3/3 trip and it was right inbetween the two (we are also DVC and booked 7 mo out to get diff than home resort) but if you plan to overlap with either I would add that as a consideration factor in planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter