When to ride it’s a small world.

ErinTwinmom

Mouseketeer
So 18 days till we take the twins back and based on their YouTube viewing IASW is a high priority for them. So they will have a das and their maclaren transports will be tagged as wheelchairs but none of that helps very much for IASW because the wheelchair line can take longer than the girls can last without meltdown. So I’m just trying to figure out the best time of day to try. We are going to rope drop should we head there first? Between fastpass and das I’m not really worried about most other attractions but I’m just trying to figure out the best time to try.

Yes I would head there first or close to first like if you want to get a DAS for 7DMT first

I agree to go early. My sister loves isaw and we did not get a chance to do this in June so we were going to do this when we were there last month. All the lines were crazy and made her too anxious to ride. Since she was having some issues with her mobility that day, she was not as able to get up and down from the wheelchair to just us FP and avoid the wheelchair line.

Since we were there on Easter day, we waited for the Easter Bunny and did not get to rides until about an hour after the park that day. She wanted to try some newer attractions so we did those first while she was feeling brave.

I know everyone says to RD one of the mountains or PP in MK, but if it will ruin the day to miss this ride (or make the day being able to ride multiple times) I say start there. As long as you have a plan to hit the must dos you'll enjoy the trip, and this way it'll hopefully spare a meltdown or two.

So 18 days till we take the twins back and based on their YouTube viewing IASW is a high priority for them. So they will have a das and their maclaren transports will be tagged as wheelchairs but none of that helps very much for IASW because the wheelchair line can take longer than the girls can last without meltdown. So I’m just trying to figure out the best time of day to try. We are going to rope drop should we head there first? Between fastpass and das I’m not really worried about most other attractions but I’m just trying to figure out the best time to try.

The boats cycle at about the same speed all day. There's only 1-2 HC boats, so it will really depend on how many people are ahead of you and where the boats are in circulation at the point in time you get there. Sadly, there are limited attractions that allow you to stay in the wheelchair so there's usually a back up at all the attractions that have it. Hopefully if you go early, there won't be a bunch of other people who also thought to go early...

IASW and the boat in Mexico at EPCOT have same problem they can only have so many strollers/wheelchairs in the loading area for handicapped so even with time return you can still have a long wait. with 2 chairs your wait can be even longer cause if I remember they can only have 2 maybe 3 chairs in the waiting area. we had good luck with end of day just before closing but we have older kids

Never have a problem with Mexico, if anything the problem is getting them off. There first full length movie, when we were trying to transition from Sesame Street to some animated was The Three cabearose (spelling). So they come through singing and loving the heck out of a ride that no one loves, and inevitably get asked do you want to ride it again. Our record is 4 times in a row.

Never have a problem with Mexico, if anything the problem is getting them off. There first full length movie, when we were trying to transition from Sesame Street to some animated was The Three cabearose (spelling). So they come through singing and loving the heck out of a ride that no one loves, and inevitably get asked do you want to ride it again. Our record is 4 times in a row.
we have been backed up there for 20 minutes with having to wait for room to park wheelchair at Mexico which was double what we waited at IASW

If you’re not watching the parade, that’s an excellent time too. Fantasyland is a ghost town during the parade compared to the rest of the day.

We just came back from Disney and went on ISAW twice. Once at night and once in the middle of the afternoon. I never saw much of a line for it.

Last edited:

Get a fastpasss and you won't have an issue, or get a DAS pass for it. We just went in April, peak busy season, insanely crowded. Stroller as a wheelchair and didnt wait more than 5 mins for ISW, with a fastpass.

Get a fastpasss and you won't have an issue, or get a DAS pass for it. We just went in April, peak busy season, insanely crowded. Stroller as a wheelchair and didnt wait more than 5 mins for ISW, with a fastpass.
you were lucky in that there must not have been many wheelchairs/ECVs/strollers as a wheelchair as they only let so many on platform at time. so even a FP you can have to wait until space opens up for your mobility device. we ended up having to wait about 10 minutes for parking to open up while others were able to board as they did not need to leave device on platform and this was mid August not even a busy season

you were lucky in that there must not have been many wheelchairs/ECVs/strollers as a wheelchair as they only let so many on platform at time. so even a FP you can have to wait until space opens up for your mobility device. we ended up having to wait about 10 minutes for parking to open up while others were able to board as they did not need to leave device on platform and this was mid August not even a busy season

That was a simiarl experience we had for Toy Story. Literally waited about 30 mins or so to use the Wheelchair entrance. But for ISW, we went on quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter