• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When to rent?

eeyoreali

Mouseketeer
I'm looking to rent points at BLT for a 2 bedroom in Sept 2015. My question is when should I start looking on the Rent board? What is the best way to go about trying to rent points? It seems like points go quickly & I don't want to miss an opportunity to rent at 11 months. Any help would be appreciated!!

David's DVC Rental is the safest place to rent points. I would definitely contact them before 11 months out. That way they are ready to jump on the reservation. Good luck!

I would look ahead of the 11 month mark also. We did that for our VGF rental and were able to secure an owner who agreed to rent to us and then made our reservation at the 11 month mark.

I would look ahead of the 11 month mark also. We did that for our VGF rental and were able to secure an owner who agreed to rent to us and then made our reservation at the 11 month mark.

I agree, start looking on the rent/trade boards in Aug/Sept this year so that you're ready in Oct.

I haven't figured out the waitlist order for David's. BLT is in big demand and they don't always have points available. Plus if they have a BLT owner and someone has a request for 7m and they requested before you, do they get first dibs or do you because you are looking specifically for BLT. :confused3

The. Eat way to get BLT is to rent points from. BLT owner and book exactly 11 months before checkin. Online booking opens at 8am

For BLT, VGF and even beach club, easiest is through owners as David's has limited points for those properties.

Thank you all for the replies. If I'm correct, you have to watch to see what owners' post that they have for rent - you can't put a post out there that you're looking to rent. Is that right?

Thank you all for the replies. If I'm correct, you have to watch to see what owners' post that they have for rent - you can't put a post out there that you're looking to rent. Is that right?

You are correct. "Want to rent" posts are not allowed, simply because they subject you more to being victim of a scam from someone who doesn't even own DVC at all.

If you're seeking a rental, I agree with the PP, that David's or a similar broker service is a good way to go.

Actually, you are welcome to post your "Want to Rent" request in any thread where a member is offering to make reservations for others. These threads are typically titled "Points for Rent".

If you are looking for a specific resort more than 7 months ahead, it would be best to post your request in a thread where the member owns points at that resort. If the dates you want are within 7 months, I'd post in any rental thread on the board.

I would be very cautious if you are contacted by ANYONE where you did not initiate the request. If you have posted your request in 3 threads offering a rental, I would not respond to anyone else except those 3 members - and if you do, please report the solicitation to any of the Rent/Trade Moderators.

You should also review the PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING - **How to use this Board** - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING" thread near the top of the Rent/Trade Board as there are some good suggestions there about the process.

Enjoy! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter