• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

when to put magic bands on wrist

We didn't put ours on until we got on DME. The trip was a surprise for DD, and she didn't realize where we were until we were just about at the podium for DME. I had my little booklet handy and they used that to look us up.

Not to hijack this thread, but DW and I went to WDW last October. When should we take them off?
I live about 3.5 to 4 hours a way from WDW and just last weekend I saw someone with MB on I had to do a double look and sure enough it was a blue MB it was about 6pm so maybe they just got back from disney.

Only time I put them on is when entering a park or using FP+ at an attraction. Otherwise they're in my pocket. I really don't care for wearing them.

Have you had a chance to try the newer, thinner ones? I find them more comfortable.

But if you still don't like them, I'd just use a card. Easier to pull out than a band.

Since I'm the 'official family organizer', I keep them in their box and hand them out on our way out the door to the airport with the orders to put them in an 'easily accessible carry-on pocket' or 'just wear the thing' so they don't lose them. If memory serves me, you only need one to get the party on the Magical Express at the airport.

I put mine on after we land. We always seem to be on the runway furthest away from the terminal. Southwest once said to us after landing "Thank you...blah blah blah. Now you wonder why Southwest tickets are so cheap. We fly you part of the way and drive you the rest."

Not to hijack this thread, but DW and I went to WDW last October. When should we take them off?
I assume you should just keep wearing them until your next trip! Disney might want some info on what their guests do away from WDW too ;)

I put mine on before I leave for the airport that morning, or in some cases the night before! We always take the earliest flight out so it's one less thing for me to worry about if I slap it on the night before. I have put them on at the airport in Philly before but I feel like it starts my trip when they go on so I tend to do it earlier! For someone who finds most watches and bracelets really uncomfortable, I love the MB....it couldn't possibly be because it means I'm going to Disney though, can it?! LOL!

We put ours on at the airport before we board. It's fun to see other people on your plane wearing them... you can then give them the nod or point to your band and theirs and say, "YEAHHHHHHHHH!"

Immediately - Once attached the bands will not release until the trip is ended at which point the mechanical latches are unlocked and you are released from Mickey-servitude. :)

Honestly, I've always put mine on either at the airport gate just after security or at arrival to Orlando's airport. You can use them at the Magical Express point for the buses.

Released from Mickey servitude? My bank account (and luggage) disagrees that one is ever released! :rotfl:

We just throw them in our carry on. No need to wear them before you get off the plane in Orlando as you won't need them until you get down to the DME area. You will want all of them in your carry-ons though because your checked bags won't arrive in your room until 3-4 hours after you check-in. Your MBs will be needed if you want to go to the parks (tickets) or use any dining plan credits before then. As mentioned, you don't need the boxes for anything and the bands themselves won't take up much room in a carry-on bag.

You leave in 10 days? I don't know why you don't have them on right now!

I leave in 12 days and I just might wear my three to bed tonight.

^This!

I continued to wear mine for about a week after we got back last year, too.

So does anybody else have the problem I do after a visit?

I work in an office that has RFID locks on the doors and requires tapping a keyfob near the sensor to open the door. I find myself trying to open the doors with my wristband (not even being worn!) after a trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter