When to purchase Touring Plans subscription?

If trip is in December 2024, do you not purchase until December 2023? How long do the plans last?
The membership lasts for 1 year (to the day, I believe) so it will expire 366 days after you join. I would wait a couple of months longer and join in the spring. You really won’t need it until June because there is not much you can actively plan until preliminary park hours are out. Since you’re going in December, I would make note of the days of the week for the Christmas parties from this year. Touring Plans should take them into account when they create their crowd calendar.

I am pretty much a WDW expert, but I still buy touring plans for their crowd calendar and their Lines app which I use in the parks.

Buy now! It's good to educate yourself, plus there is some really cool stuff on there. I still have a DL subscription in addition to WDW, and I have no idea when I'll be back at DL again! It's definitely worth the price. And the renewal price is lower than the initial.

At least give yourself a few months to play around with it. It might be convenient to set up plans before you book ADRs at 60 days. I usually wait until after that, but I have been using is for over 10 years.

I picked it after the beautiful Japanese Maple growing in our yard.

I'm not Japanese myself, so I hope I didn't mislead anyone ala Seinfeld ( The Chinese Woman - Donna Chang :D)
No worries! The kitten came from Canada and was born on Canada Day so her litter name was "Miss Canada" or "Missy". So she was probably more Canadian than Japanese in any case. I wasn't a fan of the name so I named her after the maple leaf on the Canadian flag. "Kaede" wasn't particularly a good choice since 95% of the people mispronounced her name. It was "Kah-eh-day" but usually came out "Katie", LOL. I knew what it felt like to name a child a "weird" name.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter