When the central Florida Theme parks reopen and travel returns to normal...

When do you plan to return to the Central Florida “playgrounds”?

• 1ST Day

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • 1ST Week

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • 1ST Month

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • 1ST Year

Votes: 61 55.0%
  • Never

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Test

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PulsarIII

Mouseketeer
Do you plan to be the first in line at your favorite theme park, or hold off and wait to see how things shake-out when they first reopen?

DIS Unplugged Podcast has thrown out many variable of reopening tactics. Things like multi-park resorts opening parks one at a time; only open some attractions as parks reopen, or throw caution to the wind and open everything up. Let’s face it; this is such unusual situation not even a post hurricane reopening process could even be what to expect.

G’day
III

I went with 1ST Year, mostly because our Feb. visit this year blew up while on the WDW part of our vacation. Never made it to UOR, so plan A is to return either Oct. for Halloween Horror Nights or Feb. for missing out on Mardi gras this year.

I went with 1st Year just because we had reservations already...I dont know if we will do quite as much in the parks though. Probably take more advantage of resort amenities.

I voted 1st year - although I will probably go within a couple months of opening... can't wait a year. I definitely wouldn't go right away the first month

I voted first week. Being local I don't have any real logistics to worry about. Just hop in the car and drive about 10-15 minutes.

However, if I hear that the parks are really crowded I might delay until the 2nd or 3rd week to let the rush go by.

We are currently Fl AP weekday holders (no desire to go weekends or during blackout dates). As such, I voted 1st year as we are not anxious to risk our health until a long data series shows it is generally safe.

I voted for "other". As I've posted here before, I personally will probably not consider a trip until at least 2022 (and my reasoning has little to do with my own personal anxieties about the virus) - however - I never say never, and I hope all those planning, and going, will have magical visits! pixiedust:

Last edited:

I voted "first year" but what I really meant was "until there's a readily available vaccine."
I agree - I will put off going a LOT of places until then. Positive or negative, I'm hearing the soonest expected for a vaccine to be released (just going into human testing phase, at an unheard of fast pace) is early 2021 and that will be for :"emergency use" only - whatever that means. (I'm assuming for first responders, healthcare workers, etc, but never seen explained anywhere).

I voted other. We had tentative plans for Christmas 21 for Disney World. We have been fortunate enough to be there this past Christmas.I already told my dh and asthmatic almost 20 yr old ds we won't be doing any planes cruises or Disney till there is a viable vaccine. Just too many unknowns with this virus. We know we will get to Disney World and other places again.

I probably won't be able to swing heading there right away. I have trips planned for November for the W&D half marathon and in January for marathon weekend, so as long as the parks are open then and I still feel comfortable heading down there (I sure do hope so!) that's when I'll be there. I kind of want to wait and see how Disney looks and functions when they reopen too.

@Nvrgrowup I hear you. My partner has asthma, he had a bad stretch in February where it felt unmanaged/out of control. It was a reminder of how vulnerable they are.

It’s certainly easy to become complacent because prior to that it been a long time since we had experienced hiccups. His inhaler dosage seemed to be well dialed in but it still got out of whack unexplainably.

Last edited:
Before this all happened I was planning a trip for July 2021, so far that is still the plan even though I swore I would never go in the summer again. I wanted to go before my youngest turned 3 but also didn't want to have my high schooler miss school. So the plan is to squeeze a trip in between drivers training in June and band camp at the beginning of August.

No one listen to me before so I’ll try again maybe you listen now. My vote is other I think it will be 2+ yrs

I hope you Disney addicts are prepared for a very long closure. The fact that other countries are not reporting the TRUE numbers means it will be years before it’s business as usual. I hope people didn’t get too attached to the system that was in place before.

This is only the beginning I hope you are preparing I hope your praying.

No one listen to me before so I’ll try again maybe you listen now. My vote is other I think it will be 2+ yrs

I hope you Disney addicts are prepared for a very long closure. The fact that other countries are not reporting the TRUE numbers means it will be years before it’s business as usual. I hope people didn’t get too attached to the system that was in place before.

This is only the beginning I hope you are preparing I hope your praying.
So, you think the parks will be closed for 2+ years?

@disneyland_is_magic was in the same boat with my kid in Feb. Asthma is so unpredictable and scary. I feel for your partner and you . Having someone in your life that is high risk can give you a different view.
Everyone has to make choices that they feel works best for their families. Do we want to delay traveling ? Absolutely not. For us it is the safe thing to do.
We choose to wait. I know that you your partner and all of us that love Disney will be able to get back to our happy place. Please everyone stay safe and healthy.

@disneyland_is_magic was in the same boat with my kid in Feb. Asthma is so unpredictable and scary. I feel for your partner and you . Having someone in your life that is high risk can give you a different view.
Everyone has to make choices that they feel works best for their families. Do we want to delay traveling ? Absolutely not. For us it is the safe thing to do.
We choose to wait. I know that you your partner and all of us that love Disney will be able to get back to our happy place. Please everyone stay safe and healthy.
I agree about what you WANT to do, vs. what you FEEL like doing. I'm having a very tough time right now, embracing the many "risk factors" I have in this current situation, so not able to just blithely jump on the bus, and go to the supermarket, like young/healthy/not disabled me wants to do, and then I realize what I'm (not) working with physically. Even tougher, mentally and emotionally, is remembering the days when I was 'the go to" for many other people, all those years in Emergency Management.

That's why I've ramped up my social media positive presence, yelling encouragement to others I see in the distance, tipping and donating more to show appreciation for essential workers - anything and everything that I can, from a more socially distanced perspective. Keeps the discouragement and guilt somewhat at bay. But it does take me reminding myself - this is the best I can logically do right now - over and over. :o

Last edited:
So, you think the parks will be closed for 2+ years?
Yes if not longer.

the most important fact is that no one knows the real facts some how everyone overnight became some expert on novel viruses or think it’s just the flu lol this is engineered and the numbers and the “facts” that only the old or weak die is amusing people believe anything coming from communist China that expelled every foreign journalist.

if they struggled in past with pandemic viruses and yet with all this technology we can’t seem contain it speaks volumes. They engineered a specific strain of corona that every immune systems is vulnerable since we already have it in our system from Vaccines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter