When rides go down?

mmtwinmama

Mouseketeer
What happens to your advanced selection FP?
What happens to your day of DAS pass?
Do both scenarios turn into an anytime FP?

If it’s before your DAS Return Time or DAS Advsnce Selection Time and expected to be a very short time closure, nothing might happen and you may not even know it had been closed temporarily.

For both, if it’s a longer closure or on one of the rides that breaks down frequently, you will get a message from My Disney Experience (I also got an email).
That happened to us several times on our Oct/Nov 2022 trip. The options we got were;

Option 1: Go on the original attraction anytime after your original time until the park or attraction closes if the attraction reopens

Option 2: as a replacement for the original attraction, Choose to Go on a different attraction anytime after your original time until the park or attraction closes from a list of available attractions.
In our experience, the list depends on the original attraction. If it was an attraction on the Individual Lightning Lane, the list will include both ILL and Genie +
If, Genie +, only Genie+

You don’t need to do anything - it’s supposed to show up in Today’s Plans on My Disney Experience and is used just like regular. I’d suggest taking a screenshot

With either option, you can make another DAS Return Time without using either option

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter