When? Opinions very welcome.

cdsmiler81

DIS Veteran
Morning all,

Ok, so we've promised DD we'll return to DLP once she's 8 (didn't plan that well did I! Most of the time she's not 'free' now! lol) - the reason being is that DS will be about 2 1/2 which is the same age DD was when we took her for the first time. So we know how much he'll enjoy certain things.

Anyway, I've been looking at packages, offers, reading up about new annual passes, meal plans, etc etc etc...... And I think we have rough ideas on what we're going to do, but one thing is still an unknown to me - WHEN!

My original plan was to go early/mid January 2018. We LOVE quiet season - not only are the parks quiet, less queueing for things, but also the prices for booking are cheaper.

I was also thinking VERY early January as our school has a weird late Christmas holiday, we could have caught the end of the Christmas season, and that would have been great! Until I found out that everyone else, including all of France, have the same holiday dates!! lol So that's quiet out of the window!! So we started looking at a little later into January.

But then Season of the Force came along.... we're not massive Star Wars fans - DD loves Star Tours as a ride but has never seen a film (or has indicated any want to!) and DH and I are indifferent. If we catch the Season of the Force stuff, great, I'm sure it's a great show! But it's not a priority at all....

But.... has this upped the prices for the previously quiet time of the year?? Anyone know?

So this was still our plan.....mostly regardless of SotF....UNTIL I found out that Mickey and the Magician has break from Jan til end of March?!?!?!? Noooooooo! We REALLY want to see that!

Therefore, now, our priorities are Mickey and the Magician and QUIET times (we can cope if some other things are closed, and don't mind the shorter openings!). Any suggestions for other times of the year that would match the previous 'dead' January time??? (Don't worry about DD coming out of school - we have a lovely reasonable school and we certainly to NOT take the Mickey..... pun intended... :rotfl2:)

Currently considering a midweek November 2017 trip (but DS will only be 2y 3m), sticking with January but missing MatM :eek: (DS 2y 5m), or looking at late March hopefully avoiding Easter but catching MatM (DS 2y7m)........ but would appreciate ANY other suggestions!!!!!!!

Thanks you lovely people you! Anyone told you how lovely you are today? Well, you are. So there.

C x

P.S. Edited to add that we obviously want to catch the 25 Year Anniversary celebrations which I'm ASSUMING will last for a year..... I hope. lol

Sorry, I'm going to be no help at all because I've only ever been in school holidays - firstly because of children, then because I worked in a school. Now I have a new job and am no longer tied to school holidays and it's going to be so strange going in a quiet time! We've picked beginning of October because we so enjoyed Halloween when we went for it 10 years ago!

I think I'd look at late March if you can avoid Easter, the weather will hopefully be a bit nicer than November or January.

March is a great time to go - the times we have been in March have been really quiet and great weather!

I really wish we could have gone in March again this year for DDs 10th birthday but unfortunately we are not so lucky with having a nice school and would have risked a large fine and a black mark against her name if we'd taken her out. So we've had to settle for August instead.

Thank you both.

Any other suggestions?! The unknown doesn't help - not knowing when MatM will start back up and now knowing (but hoping) if the 25th Anniversary will still be going!

For the record, weather doesn't bother us. :)

C x

The prices are not going up for season of the force. If i was you i would go in the early of december. All the students must study for the tests on school and it is christmas season and verry cheap in the beginning of december

Really? I thought I read that the highs were in the 70's for Paris during the summer months... So it's the humidity that makes it really hot? I live in southern California and our temps in the summer are 90's/100's but with relatively low humidity.

What does the temp actually feel like? 90's?

Really? I thought I read that the highs were in the 70's for Paris during the summer months... So it's the humidity that makes it really hot? I live in southern California and our temps in the summer are 90's/100's but with relatively low humidity.

What does the temp actually feel like? 90's?

Basically when temps get above 77/80 then all your clothing starts to stick and even a short walk makes your forehead sweaty. It's due to the sea-climate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter