• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When one random night in the middle of the week isn't available

marygrcevic

Mouseketeer
I'm somewhat new to booking, have had our DVC for a few years but havent had an opportunity to travel yet. I've been eagerly awaiting my seven month mark so I can book our two bedroom at DVC Saturday to Saturday next Feb-Mar. Now with just a few days to go, Wednesday (right smack in the middle!) is unavailable. That just seems odd to me, that just the one night in the middle of the week would be all sold out. I will waitlist the one night I guess, but I was just curious as to whether there was that much demand for one night only, or if there might be another reason?

I'm somewhat new to booking, have had our DVC for a few years but havent had an opportunity to travel yet. I've been eagerly awaiting my seven month mark so I can book our two bedroom at DVC Saturday to Saturday next Feb-Mar. Now with just a few days to go, Wednesday (right smack in the middle!) is unavailable. That just seems odd to me, that just the one night in the middle of the week would be all sold out. I will waitlist the one night I guess, but I was just curious as to whether there was that much demand for one night only, or if there might be another reason?
It isn't demand for just one night. It's one night where no one is checking out. Think of it this way in simplified form. There are two super-duper rooms at XYZ Resort. Guest A books a trip that goes from Thursday of the previous week to Thursday of the following week. Guest B books a stay in the same room category that runs from Wednesday to Sunday of the 2nd week. On Wednesday night Guest A is still in their super-duper room and Guest B has checked into the other super-duper room. On the DVC booking tool, all you see is that every night except Wednesday is available.

You need to look how many of that particular room is available to know whether the waitlist is realistic.

Your situation is common at or near 7-months out. Availability for what you want is likely tight for much of the week you are looking at. The one day is showing full mainly because it currently has the same or fewer check-outs than check-ins, while days around it are still showing more check-outs (and thus some openings) than check-ins.

As you mention that you're new to booking it might be worth mentioning that if your home resort is at WDW and you're hoping to book a different resort there, it's always worth booking your home resort at the 11 month mark as a back up. When you get to the 7 month mark you can cancel your original reservation, or modify it to cover a missing night.

Just an FYI, if a date in the middle is not available for your reservation, then you can only book the first half of the reservation. Then you wait for the 7 month mark for the second half. And who knows if the dates will still be available. Because of this possible gap day we always book our home resort for desired period and then modify that reservation at the 7 month mark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter