When must points be used by?

boardwalkbride729

Mouseketeer
i thought I understood all of this but now that we own dvc I'm feeling a little confused..

We just bought dvc on our cruise this past week. They gave us the points from 2015 but I'm not so sure when those have to be used by before I lose them. Our use year is August if that matters

We probably won't do our next vacation until 2017 so I'm trying to get all of my facts sorted out
to figure out how many points I will have to work with at that time as well as if I will still have these 2015 points or if I should rent them out?

Thanks in advance!

They didn't give, you bought 2015 points. You have until the end of July 2016 to use the points unless you bank them per the banking rules.

:earsboy: Bill

Your 2015 points are good from Aug 1, 2015 to July 31st, 2016. If you don't have a trip planned until 2017, you will want to bank them. After banking, the points will be good from Aug 1, 2016 to July 31st, 2017. If your vacation is after July of 2017, your best bet will be to rent them out as you will lose them after July 31st. Your banking deadline is March 31st. Welcome to DVC!

If you are within ten days of your purchase, you can still rescind your purchase, education yourself on DVC and then repurchase when you have all the facts.

Also note that banking can only be done in the first 8 months of your use year. For an August use year, that means you have until March 31st to do any banking you want to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter