When is your favorite time to visit WDW?

BensWife

DIS Veteran
If you had vacation time whenever you wanted, and there were no family obligations for you to fulfill, when is your favorite time to visit? Is it Christmas, even with the large crowds? Is it the summer, even though it is super hot and lots of rain? Is it during a festival or off season? My family is planning a 2016 vacation and we just don't know when to come. We have only come one time and it was in June and too hot, so we are thinking of a different time, but we did enjoy SWW and all the entertainment offered in the summer.

I can vacation any time I want, DS is grown and DH doesn't vacation. If DS can go with me, good, if not no big deal I go solo. I love going during F&G and F&W. Before I discovered F&W, we would usually go mid-September. Heat doesn't bother us, we are from Georgia. I have been during Halloween, not on purpose was in Orlando for a conference and added on a couple of days for Disney and it was o.k. but a little chilly for me. We are hoping to go 2nd week in December this year to sort of combine DS birthday and Xmas.

We have been a variety of times. Looking at the ages of your kids - I would try the fall around Halloween. I would save Christmas for when they are older and school schedules may not allow a fall "escape" and they're probably more tolerant of crowds. We did a fall trip when our boys were that age and they loved dressing up and going to the halloween party at Magic Kingdom - plus the parade with the headless horseman leading it off was awesome.

1st couple of weeks in December for us. Great time of year at Disney and the Christmas decor is beautiful!

Same for us. The weather is usually good and not blazing hot. Low crowds and the Christmas decorations are up. It's our favorite time to visit Disney without a doubt.

Late Sept to mid October!!! Still hot but not terrible, nice to swim! Food and Wine Festival is a must for us every year... BEST WDW event!!!!!

ENJOY!

Off-season is always preferable for my family and I but we really haven't been during any off season times.

Our best times are October, during the Christmas season (but before Christmas week), and during Star Wars Weekends. We always want to do the holiday parties, and we're huge Star Wars fans. :)

After several October trips (some of which were super hot and/or during a hurricane!), we tried late February last year. I loved it! Had a few days warm enough for a water park, but never too hot or humid. Just avoid President's week, it can be crowded!

For years and years we'd go the first week in March since my school and those my daughters attended took Spring Break then and I really liked that time. It gave us something to look forward to during a long Pa Winter, we'd get an early taste of Summer and when we'd return, Spring would be right around the corner. Also we met some great folks (hi Paul & Priscilla!) that we'd run into every year. Lately we've fallen in love with Food&Wine so we switched to mid to late Oct. Instead of an early taste of Summer we now get an encore. What I like is to have F&W in March.

Bill From PA

We have done all different seasons and times. Our favorite is the Christmas Holiday time. At Disney World this is anytime after Thanksgiving to Jan. 1. We prefer the first two weeks of December.

Our next choice is October for MNSSHP and the Food and Wine Fest.

Next, it would be May and the Flower and Garden Show.

October!

We love the beautiful weather, (relatively) low crowds, Fall decorations, MNSSHP, and most of all - the Food & Wine Festival!

Sadly, we are not going to Disney in October this year.
Happily, we are at least going to Disney this year ..... in less than 3 weeks!

My favorites times that I've went are as follows. And to be honest, its due to low crowds and free dining or other promos during this time:

-Second week of May
-First week of September (going this year this time!)
-Week BEFORE Christmas

Our very favorite times of year to go are April for Flower and Garden or early October for Food and Wine! Can you tell we love Epcot! We have found April to be so pleasant weather wise. It is perfect for the kids to swim but not so hot you have to walk slowly by open doors to catch some a/c as you stroll down Main Street USA!

My favorite time is late October. Epcot Food & Wine Festival, Halloween decorations at the MK, and usually great weather. For the last few years, October has been getting more crowded but still a great time to plan a visit. Early December is also a great time to go.

We love, love, love late October into early November. Great weather, low crowds, MNSSHP, F&W Festival, discounts on resorts and/or Free Dining, and very few rehab closures. The only downside is that there are very few late night hours at any parks.

Mid November is also really nice- holiday decorations, nice cooler weather, very low crowds. Downside- F&W Festival is over and the Epcot holiday events haven't started.

January can be great- low crowds, cool weather. It can be cold, and there are a lot of attractions down for renovations, though. Also, the big tour groups are out in force.

We live at the Jersey shore so don't go anywhere else in the summer or even the fall or spring. However the winters are horrible here and we love the Christmas decorations at WDW so that is when we go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter