• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When is the best time to go to Animal Kingdom?

Lynn2205

Mouseketeer
Me and my partner have recently found out that if you go to animal kingdom for opening, and make a bee line for kilimanjaro safari ride, you can see the animals being fed. Last time we went early, the lions have just been fed the we could it roar as it watched us pass. It was great seeing cheaters not far from us and it was enjoyable see the animals out walking instead of hiding in the shade.

It is also best to go late in the day as well; they are getting restless as they are ready to go back to the barn for feeding time.

The worst time to go through the Safari is lunchtime through mid-afternoon - most of them are dozing or napping.

Oh, and it's cheetahs, not cheaters......

I agree that first thing in the morning is a great time to ride. I've lost track of how many times we have ridden the safari but on our last trip we actually heard the lion roar and it was pretty amazing!

This year we're going on the new backstage tour and I can't wait :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter