• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When is the best time to apply for the program to not be in Submission?

Baymax2.0

Earning My Ears
Is it better to apply the day the apps come out, right when they come out? A few hours after they come out? A few days after? Just wondering for the best chance to be sent to the WBI as soon as possible and not be stuck in Submission.
Thanks!

Well, at this point, if you were to apply, you would be a week after the applications started. So, I would assume the biggest rush would be over. But, on the other hand, a ton of people already have their phone interviews scheduled for this week. I'm new to this so I'm just not sure there is a 'better' time.

I really don't think there's a better time. I would say try not to apply at the very end of the cycle, but I mean, I applied on the first day, another friend applied about a week in, and a third friend applied after about a month. We all got accepted.

My DD applied the day after the apps came out and hasn't heard a thing. Many on here are already up to the phone interview. So I don't know what is best.

Well, at this point, if you were to apply, you would be a week after the applications started. So, I would assume the biggest rush would be over. But, on the other hand, a ton of people already have their phone interviews scheduled for this week. I'm new to this so I'm just not sure there is a 'better' time.
Thanks, I actually already applied for fall 2016 about two days after the applications opened, but immediately got put into Submission.. so I'm just trying to prepare for the worse and know when is the best time to apply if I have to apply again next semester.

Thanks, I actually already applied for fall 2016 about two days after the applications opened, but immediately got put into Submission.. so I'm just trying to prepare for the worse and know when is the best time to apply if I have to apply again next semester.
Well good luck!! Hope you get good news soon. Waiting is the hardest part.

My daughter applied the day after applications opened and is stuck "in submission". We know of others that applied well after she did and have already gotten WBI and phone interview. We are wondering if it has something to do with DD being a freshman.

My daughter applied the day after applications opened and is stuck "in submission". We know of others that applied well after she did and have already gotten WBI and phone interview. We are wondering if it has something to do with DD being a freshman.

I can't say for sure, but I just can't imagine that there are actual people sitting there, reading each on-line application. I 'think' that Disney may possibly use a computer program that focuses on specific words/phrases. I think it's almost luck of the draw....if you use the words/phrases they're looking for.
But who knows. I know that I'm apprehensive waiting for my dd to get word. I can't begin to imagine what the poor kids are going through, just waiting. Hang in there kids!! Fingers crossed for you all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter