When growing up did you have your fair share of bumps and bruises from exploring the outdoors or were you on the careful side of things?

Joshua Tree National (Monument) Park was my playground....we were doing bike activites that were not even invented yet, free falling off rocks into dry river beds and ripping out bottoms of wrangler jeans....winter time...so no rattlesnakes.

oregon is full of posion oak....so no exploring those fallen tree trunks.

I spent the spring and summer covered in bruises and scrapes. I just went out and had fun riding my bike and exploring the woods at camp.

Well, yes and no. There was no "exploring the outdoors" because I grew up in the city; our outdoors was sidewalk and asphalt. We fell over on our bikes, we got scrapes playing in the street. Once, I cut my knee open very badly while roller skating- I tried to spin like Dorothy Hamill. My Mom cleaned it out with peroxide and then it got a shot of Mecurochrome, which I think is no longer being sold in the US. It was orange and I always had some on my body somewhere.

I spent Summers with my grandparents at the shore in Wildwood. More exploring there; the beach and the lighthouse across the street, the boardwalk, and the Woolworth's on Pacific Avenue which was built at the turn of the 1900s and had plenty of nooks and crannies to delve into.

I was never the kid who wanted to explore like that. Still don’t care for hiking and have never gone camping in my 58 years.

I guess I was a fair share kid. Not excessive, and not as serious as some other kids’ injuries, but we all were doing the same activities so had the same risk.

Definitely had my bumps, bruises, broken bones, sprained ankles, stitchs and more.

LOL... I was always bleeding... clumsy as heck. I grew up in the country, always running around playing in streams barefoot... only a couple broken bones over the years.

even today... I am over 50... and my husband is like yup, it was a walk, you are bleeding

I always had bumps, bruises and scrapes, but those were all from playing rough in the city. I think my 8 year old son has spent more time hiking and camping already that I ever did as a kid. Of course I grew up in a city of 600,000 and he is growing up in a city of 60,000.

Lots of bumps, scrapes and bruises. I had many a twisted ankle, but never broke a bone.

My mother was extremely anxious and didn’t allow me to free-range or play rough. I missed out on a lot of regular childhood activities because she thought they were too dangerous. I spent a lot of time inside reading books as a kid. Oh well, in her defence I was extremely well-cared for physically and made it to adulthood with nary a hangnail much less a scar or broken bone, :goodvibes

Oddly, I had zero broken bones or injuries when younger. I should probably be dead with how I lived though! No hands down this steep hill where you'd come out under a railroad trestle with cars full speed. Sledding as a toddler I went right under a moving car and ducked last minute, came out the other end unscathed. I used to spend hours alone up in the field and woods behind my house. As a teen in speeding cars no seatbelt. Then I hit my 20's and my luck wore out. Face first bicycle accident, according to the police report I hit the pavement face first (and looked it). Another accident with a fractured pelvis and tailbone. I watch my butt now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter