When Ft Wilderness closes, like for Nicole…

Does everyone have to evacuate the campsites? How do you all manage??

Hurricane Ian was not that long ago.

The Boards have been down this road many MANY times.

This is not a first-happening. The Search Function will give you all the answers you need.

It's not a new question.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
We've been through this many times down here! LOL!
We will get notification at each site about coming to the front desk for our options. Nicole is posing an interesting problem as many of the resorts are near full due to the holiday season...so first they suggest you leave and just head anywhere.
At this moment in time they have offered to extend all tickets 1 year, regardless of what date you have chosen on your park entry. They are also only at that point.

This morning for about an hour, someone at WDW put out on their website that they were closing the Fort for Thursday and Friday...which of course led to many long lines at the front desk...BUT they were prepared as it was put out too soon and was NOT the case. I was surprised, because I have ALWAYS been notified at my door every time, so as soon as I saw that, I was concerned.
They are keeping us informed at each loop on each comfort station and will call us or do door to door if any other steps need to be taken. We were told to secure anything outdoors, but we just took all the Christmas stuff down. If they do in fact close, they will once again tell us to leave and go elsewhere, for many of us that is not an option and they will try as hard as they can to get us into other Disney Resorts...which is where the problem lies during the busy season. They have opened up convention halls as well. Our rigs all need to be moved to the Magic Kingdom as well. We have SOMETIMES been able to take it with us to the resort but sometimes they come to our resort room and ask us to take it the MK after the fact...so we never know,

All in all it's one of the safest places to be and they are very efficient!

We've been through this many times down here! LOL!
We will get notification at each site about coming to the front desk for our options. Nicole is posing an interesting problem as many of the resorts are near full due to the holiday season...so first they suggest you leave and just head anywhere.
At this moment in time they have offered to extend all tickets 1 year, regardless of what date you have chosen on your park entry. They are also only at that point.

This morning for about an hour, someone at WDW put out on their website that they were closing the Fort for Thursday and Friday...which of course led to many long lines at the front desk...BUT they were prepared as it was put out too soon and was NOT the case. I was surprised, because I have ALWAYS been notified at my door every time, so as soon as I saw that, I was concerned.
They are keeping us informed at each loop on each comfort station and will call us or do door to door if any other steps need to be taken. We were told to secure anything outdoors, but we just took all the Christmas stuff down. If they do in fact close, they will once again tell us to leave and go elsewhere, for many of us that is not an option and they will try as hard as they can to get us into other Disney Resorts...which is where the problem lies during the busy season. They have opened up convention halls as well. Our rigs all need to be moved to the Magic Kingdom as well. We have SOMETIMES been able to take it with us to the resort but sometimes they come to our resort room and ask us to take it the MK after the fact...so we never know,

All in all it's one of the safest places to be and they are very efficient!
It’s so nice to receive an answer from a fellow Exchanger!! (I will be mailing my Thanksgiving cards out tomorrow!) I am glad you say it’s one of the safest places to be.

Bobbi

It’s so nice to receive an answer from a fellow Exchanger!! (I will be mailing my Thanksgiving cards out tomorrow!) I am glad you say it’s one of the safest places to be.

Bobbi
Hi there!!! Mine went out a few days ago from the Fort!! It was fun shopping for the cards and knowing they were going out to Disney fans!!

Update, as of 7pm this evening we are being evacuated. They gave us a paper with a number to call....I have been on the phone since then. The front desk said that this phone number has the staff to deal with what they cannot do and well...over 2 hours and I am going batty from this music. LOL

Ended up being a very long wait on the phone but got put in a resort and had an excellent experience as well, we got 2 rooms and we left our rig at our site, they just told us that it was being allowed this time and that we had to understand they were not responsible for damage.
Our rig was tagged with pink ribbon to signify that it was one that was left during the storm and we were on our way. The next day,we were given an indefinite late check out for whenever the Fort got a hold of us and if we wanted to go to the parks or anywhere, the room would be ours until we could claim our things, EVEN if the Fort was open. We were given up to 2 hours after park closing time if we needed it.
The beginning was a pain and I much preferred when the front desk handled everything, because the phone line was definitely NOT staffed for the amount of people that they had calling it, but in the end the resorts that took us in were amazing as always when we have been during storms and their communication was spot on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter