When doing conceirge, are you able to do something w. your carry on bags upon boarding?

TigerLaw

DIS Veteran
Concierge newbie question for everyone. My understanding is that when sailing in concierge, you can get to your room at 1:00 p.m. just like everyone else who is not sailing concierg.

So my question is do you still have to lug around your carry on bag that you board the ship with or is there somewhere in concierge you can leave it until you're able to get into your room?

Thanks in advance for your help!

In our experience (7 concierge cruises), our room has always been ready when we boarded. We usually go directly to the embarkation lunch, so it doesn’t really matter, but the Concierge team will tell you if you can go to your room immediatel. On the classic ship, it involves going under the rope blocking the access.

You could also leave your luggage with the person manning the lounge welcome desk.

In our experience (7 concierge cruises), our room has always been ready when we boarded. We usually go directly to the embarkation lunch, so it doesn’t really matter, but the Concierge team will tell you if you can go to your room immediatel. On the classic ship, it involves going under the rope blocking the access.

You could also leave your luggage with the person manning the lounge welcome desk.

Thanks for the scoop! I thought I had read somewhere where concierge rooms do not open any earlier than non concierge rooms on disembarkation day.

Depending upon what time you board, your room might be available. We've left our backpacks and other carry on luggage in the Concierge Lounge during those times when our room wasn't available.

Thanks for the scoop! I thought I had read somewhere where concierge rooms do not open any earlier than non concierge rooms on disembarkation day.
That has always been the official statement, but they prioritize them over non-Concierge rooms on the classics and they bring in extra help on the Dream-class ships. Maybe the situation is different on Wish with so many more Concierge staterooms.

When you go to the lunch in the MDR, the concierge has someone that will take your bag to your room if you like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter