When does your school start back up ?

September 2nd, in Canada (Vancouver) we start summer vacation late June until the Tuesday after labour day.

However, our teachers went on strike two weeks prior to the end of school, and I'm not holding my breathe that school will start on the 2nd, based on all the politics and the fact our government is trying to break their union.

You guys you go back in early August, when did the school year end for you?

They were out May 25th

I always find these kinds of questions amusing. Here's what happens year-in and year-out: August will start busy and end quiet, and May will be quiet until the last week or so--irrespective of the very minute number of school schedule answers you'll get here.

Similarly, spring break means higher crowds from about the second week of March until about the third week of April. If Easter falls very late, add a busy week to the end of that span.

Maryj11. No they went to what they call a balanced calendar starting last school year we now get a 2 week fall and spring break but only 6 weeks off in the summer

Maryj11. No they went to what they call a balanced calendar starting last school year we now get a 2 week fall and spring break but only 6 weeks off in the summer

Ours is similar - they start end of July/beginning of August. Then get two weeks out in October, a full week at Thanksgiving, two weeks at Christmas, two weeks in March, and are usually done around the 3rd week in May.

I actually like the frequent breaks a LOT, it just makes it tough to go back so early, especially when so many of her friends are in other districts and still have several more weeks of summer.

We're in the metro Detroit area and always go back the Tuesday after Labor Day. We're going to WDW Aug. 23- Aug. 30. I hope it's empty!

My dd didn't get out of school until June 25th and school starts back up on August 27th. Summer vacation is flying by! We are outside of Boston. It's interesting reading about the wide variation in school calendars across the country:)

August 5th here.

Pretty much the same time as last year - I think last year was August 7th or so.

DD14 is not looking forward to it - starting High School this year and her older brother won't be around to tutor her in Math this year.

We don't have fall break like alot of school districts but they go to school for 180 days and are out before Memorial Weekend.

My kids start back to school on the 2nd of Sept. and we leave on the 11th to Disney :) They are out the first Friday in June though too!!! We also only do a 4 day school week Tuesday to Friday!!

For western New York (Buffalo), it's generally right after Labor Day. In 2014, that's September 2nd.

Haha that's exactly when we're going! 8/26-9/02

We booked a last minute (for Disney), surprise quick trip for August 27-31st.

High-Five-GIF-1.gif

We have nothing else to do...everyone we know outside our local area is back in school by mid-August.

I homeschool so we've already started back. However, most SC schools start on the 3rd Monday of August. Back when I was teaching, it got really early - I had to report at the end of July once! Then the state made a law about not starting until the 3rd Monday, so that's now when most start for public schools. The districts near us in GA start at different times, 1-2 weeks earlier than SC. My nephews in Maine start earlier than they used to - before Labor Day when they used to start after. I think a couple winters of too many snow days is what pushed that back.

September 3. New Jersey

We go to Disney the last week of August. Next trip we plan last two weeks. We love the low crowds.

In toronto, we start the Tuesday after labour day.. So this year it's sept 2nd!

Here in MD we start back on Aug. 25th and we didn't get out until June 18th. We arrive Disney on the 8th of Aug. and depart on the 17th. I am hoping that the crowds will be dropping off each day. :thumbsup2

We go from day after labour day - usually sept 2/3ish until June 27-29th.. We get a week off middle of march, usually the second week of the month, and the last week of dec/first week of January for winter break

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter