When does Westjet release flights?

pigletto

DIS Veteran
We are taking an Alaskan Cruise next summer in late July. We will be flying Toronto to Vancouver. I’m not really familiar with Canadian airlines and their release patterns.

Does anyone know when would be best to start watching for next summer ? They go up to May right now.

Are prices best on opening day or do you all wait for sales ? I have the westjet MasterCard and over $1500 in rewards, plus a companion fare , so want to use Westjet instead of Air Canada.

WJ usually opens up their flights 11 months in advance, if I remember correctly. Be wary, though, the flights can change. Personally, I wait until there is a WJ sale that sounds good and book at that point. (And then never look again :tongue: )

I agree with Jacqueline, if you can wait until Black Friday book then. I waited until Black Friday to book our flights to LA in May and was very please with the deal I got. Yes they did change the routing 3 months before our flight but it worked out. Flying out of Toronto you're unlikely to have a major change.

Ok thank you very much. That sounds like a solid plan !
We are going to leave a buffer of a few days on either end of the trip for exploring Vancouver as well, so that will help if the schedule changes.

Hi, I have the WJ card as well! I usually book the first day they release flights. We flew Toronto to Vancouver last August for an Alaska cruise. Got a decent price on premium seats!
Thank you ! I’ll keep an eye on them and see what opening day looks like too.

Plug your details into Google Flights and choose the option to track the flight. You'll get alerts when the price changes, and you'll be able to access a chart illustrating the ups and downs. There is also a green/yellow/red slider to indicate if prices at any given time are low/average/high.

Prices, from what I've seen, start to come down at about 3/4 months out.

The tips about Black Friday are great too. I've been tracking May and September flights for about a year now, and they both went on significant sale on Black Friday.

Plug your details into Google Flights and choose the option to track the flight. You'll get alerts when the price changes, and you'll be able to access a chart illustrating the ups and downs. There is also a green/yellow/red slider to indicate if prices at any given time are low/average/high.

Prices, from what I've seen, start to come down at about 3/4 months out.

The tips about Black Friday are great too. I've been tracking May and September flights for about a year now, and they both went on significant sale on Black Friday.
That’s great advice. I’ll take a look tonight. Thank you .

We booked ours this week for next May! I often find the first released prices to be the best - but we also need five tickets. IF WestJet changes them on us (and they have) we always make them send us out of a smaller airport which actually makes things easier for us, haha. They always do it cause they made the change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter