When does the photopass become "active"????? Please help!

Minuet888

DIS Veteran
When does the photopass become "active"?
If I buy the photopass plus one week to download does that mean one week from when I buy it or one week from when I first take a picture using it?
My trip is in ten days and I don't know if I should buy it now or what?
How do I "activate" the photopass?

Sorry that no one seems to know the answer to this question, I've seen you pose it in several threads. I think most people just buy it as a part of Genie+ now, so it's not a common purchase. Before it was included with Genie+, you bought it in advance, they mailed a package to you that included a certificate that you took to the camera shop and redeemed for a lanyard that the photographers would scan.

I would think that with the current situation, it would activate once the 1st photographer scans the barcode off the app on your phone, but I'm not positive about that. I would use the chat feature in the app and ask Disney directly.

It's always become active when you first use it. And you can use it once you are scanned into one of the parks.

When does the photopass become "active"?
If I buy the photopass plus one week to download does that mean one week from when I buy it or one week from when I first take a picture using it?
My trip is in ten days and I don't know if I should buy it now or what?
How do I "activate" the photopass?
You do not need to buy the 'one week' option ahead of time. After your trip, you can look at the photopass pictures and decide if you want to buy and download them. Pick a photo from the first day of your trip. You will be given the option of buying just that photo or 'one week of photos'. Just be sure to pick a photo from the first day, so your week starts at the right time.

You do not need to buy the 'one week' option ahead of time. After your trip, you can look at the photopass pictures and decide if you want to buy and download them. Pick a photo from the first day of your trip. You will be given the option of buying just that photo or 'one week of photos'. Just be sure to pick a photo from the first day, so your week starts at the right time.
This is a good tip!

I have been disappointed by the lack of FP photographers available and this way you only pay if you get some good shots!

I have done this several times. I usually purchase it from the little kiosk to the left of the turn styles while everyone is waiting for them to open. They give you a PhotoPass card. I just present my card (or get another one) at each PhotoPass place. I take a photo of the ride vehicles. It has started that 1st day. I get home and I login to my Disney account and I add all the cards and the ride pictures and then download them. I have found the CMs at the kiosk very helpful. Our PhotoPass has lasted the 5 days of our trips and they are available for download up to 30 days. I have never purchased it ahead of time.

You might want to price it out and weigh the benefits of purchasing Genie+. My DD uses the DAS pass and we found utilizing both to be very beneficial. For example, we used DAS for Rise of the Resistance but instead of just waiting around for an hour, we used Genie+ to ride another ride. Since DAS rides do not expire, it didn’t matter if we were a little late. There is the added benefit of the photos with Genie+.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter