When does DVC change Member Percs?

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
The thread re DVC member cruise & possible upcoming news @ DVC got me wondering...does the DVC usually announce/offer percs, etc. @ a certain time of the year (i.e. during membership meetings/year end/blue moons, etc.) or is it a random sort of thing?

(Wondering if I should hurry up & purchase AP's now or wait until December - would kick myself if they discontinued that perc before I utilized it. Although the MYW buzz is intriguing too.)

Same question goes for new DVC resorts; does the selling always begin immediately or is there a lull between the initial announcement. Hope you long-termers remember. TIA.

I believe the AP discount is at least good through the end of the year....after that there are no guarantees. I believe they add perks whenever they negotiate them and usually give a date until which they are good....though I think some things are ongoing (but subject to change without notice, I'm sure...)

The AP discount started at the beginning of January, I think, but we knew about it for a while beforehand. I assume that if there is a change in the discount structure for tickets we'll probably have at least a month's warning.

As far as new resorts, generally they are announced before sales begin. I remember them announcing Eagle Pines...and obviously there have been no sales of that one. But they do generally go on sale before construction is completed (or at least the last 3 did...).

The perks are often redone near the end of the year. Last year, the AP discount was announced at the annual meetings (though we knew about it before) and started January 1st. I think that perk continuing depends on how many take advantage of it. If they find it is bringing more people into the parks to spend more money, it will be continued.

dianeschlicht said:
The perks are often redone near the end of the year. Last year, the AP discount was announced at the annual meetings (though we knew about it before) and started January 1st. I think that perk continuing depends on how many take advantage of it. If they find it is bringing more people into the parks to spend more money, it will be continued.
Thanks, I was hoping to hear something to this effect. Must admit, I'm slowing changing my mindset from MYW & dining to the AP & DDE; finally got the numbers to work.

keishashadow said:
Thanks, I was hoping to hear something to this effect. Must admit, I'm slowing changing my mindset from MYW & dining to the AP & DDE; finally got the numbers to work.
I have always thought the AP and DDE card are a better fit...at least for us. I think those of us who have been members for a long time, see that a bit easier than those who are newer members. Your touring habits change when you know you are coming back more frequently, and your eating habits do as well. We never do counter service, so the MYW and dining plan don't work for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter