When do you start baking Christmas Cookies

mrsstats79

Mouseketeer
I plan on baking cookies and then bringing them to the people on my Christmas list. When do you start baking? I was thinking the 15th but not sure if I shouldn't start earlier and just deliver earlier.

I usually start thanksgiving week but we were on vacation so it will be next weekend and I hope to have time to get them all done. I have a second freezer and freeze them as I make them.

I started this weekend. I am planning on making 8 different types of cookies (probably more) Some require decorating or dipping so I will do those steps the week before Christmas. I made half of them this weekend and froze them all. So my rolled sugar cookies are ready in the freezer to be taken out and decorated in 2 weeks.

I’ll be seeing some family this coming weekend but not for Christmas so I’ll bake later this week.

Then bake some more closer to December 25.

I do not enjoy baking, so have never baked Christmas cookies. I do make fudge that everyone loves, and sometimes bake Toll House cookies.

I started end of November.
Served the first tray last Saturday at family lunch

I made some this weekend, and put them in the cookie jar, where they will stay and start to go stale until I toss them and make another batch of cookies!
That's on me though - it seems like I should be making cookies, although it's not like my husband is dancing around the kitchen bugging me to make cookies...but they usually don't get eaten!

I suck at making cookie dough, and I don't get a great deal of satisfaction from going thru the motions, so I just buy mine.

This weekend: chocolate chip or snickerdoodle!

Homemade cookies tend to taste stale after a few days. I think those made closer to Christmas tend to taste better since they don't have any preservatives unlike cookies you might buy at the store.

I don't start until December 22 and 23rd. I usually bake 4 different kinds-snickerdoodle, peanut butter blossoms, chocolate crinkles and bruna kakor. I like my cookies to be fresh and I don't freeze them. That makes a lot of work for me but it's worth it. I could see making and then freezing the cookie dough ahead of time, I might try that this year. I also individually pack up the different cookies. I don't like mixing them up all on one platter or in one box, the flavors get mixed up. I'm very anal about that, lol.

My wife has the 15th on the calendar for baking. In a normal year we would put Christmas decorations up about the 8th and do the baking the next week. Due to travel plans, we had to put our decorations up last weekend, which is early.
But her baking has been scaled way way way back. She bought five pounds of sugar and five pounds of flour. When we both were working we generally bought 50 pounds of flour and sugar for her baking.

We have volunteered to bake cookies for a low income senior center, so we'll start baking next Saturday (we have to deliver them between 8-12pm Sunday fully wrapped, so they won't have time to cool Sunday). Once I bake those, we'll start making a batch every day or two as holiday treats for the 2 weeks before Christmas.

I am making all of my cookie dough this week, different varieties to freeze.

I don't care for pre-frozen cookies so it will be ready to bake the morning of each visit/party and quick and easy to bake for pop-in company.

I also have various candies on the list, which will be made and frozen the next two weeks.
My lasagnas, mac and cheese trays and quiches were prepared and frozen last week, ready to bake.

I normally start making all my balls - peanut butter, Oreo, whiskey and amaretto balls around this time of the month. I’m thinking about taking this year off though - my DH is watching what he eats, my DD20 is a college athlete and is very conscientious of what she eats and I really shouldn’t have it either. The jury is still out in regards to what I’m going to do :scratchin

I normally start making all my balls - peanut butter, Oreo, whiskey and amaretto balls around this time of the month. I’m thinking about taking this year off though - my DH is watching what he eats, my DD20 is a college athlete and is very conscientious of what she eats and I really shouldn’t have it either. The jury is still out in regards to what I’m going to do :scratchin
Just do it … and how do I get on everyone else’s list for the eating part?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter