when do you put christmas lights up......?

I will put them up when I take down Halloween because it is still warm out but I won't light them until after Thanksgiving. No more freezing to get the lights up for this lady, too many years of freezing fingers where I can't quite get things whow I want them due to frostbite. I can't really explain how nice it is to just attach the lights the day after Thanksgiving and all is sparkly. This way the only thing we have to manage is the Tree and indoor decorations and that is so much more fun.

Maybe if I was not in the NE I would wait but things take quite a turn up here from Halloween to December, no thank you.

My nephew bought lights last year that stay up all year and you can change the color based on the holiday being celebrated. So his are up year-round but you don't see them from the street like the old-fashioned kind of lights.

I hate to admit it, but we generally don't get the outdoor decorations done until maybe two weeks before Christmas. Inside I do the weekend after Thanksgiving.

We don’t put anything outside. However the inside we usually decorate mid November. Used to wait until after thanksgiving, but I like the tree, wreaths, lights and little things we put up and enjoy looking at it. But it comes down not long after Christmas (usually my next day off after). Once it’s passed, I’m over it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter