When do you eat your largest meal of the day and why?

We usually book lunch as our largest/sit down meal. We also like to have a few sit down breakfasts, so we will book those late so they count as lunch. Then we have a light dinner. We typically do this in the summer so we get a break in the AC during the day. It works well if we stay club level too.

We will be doing our TS dinner early (4ish) and or QS will likely be breakfast or a brunch (DDP). Snack items will likely be evenings or whenever we get hungry, really. We normally eat our dinners at home early, also, so it really isn't a change for us.

On our first trip my wife and I booked mostly dinners around (6pm-7pm) as our big meal of the day. For our second trip we decided to try booking mostly lunches around (12pm-1pm) as our big meal of the day and then having small food/snacks around the park during the evening.

For our third and upcoming trip we decided to stick with the plan to book mostly lunches. It allows us to have a little bit of a break during the day or if we got a later start it would allow us to save a bit of money by skipping breakfast. On our first trip, with big dinners booked we found ourselves not wanting to try some of the great park snacks/food because we didn't want to be full for dinner. During our second trip we found ourselves really enjoying being hungry and night and trying some fun park food/snacks.

So, what is your plan usually like? Do you tend to stick to one time during the day for your big meal? If so, what makes you decide when?
We do both.....like FAntasmic Pkg early 12ish(Big Meal)!!! and then QS while we watch Fantasmic......BUT if you eat a Big meal early....you are kinda sluggish after for a while....AND ya dont really feel like big rides after....something to think of!!

We moved our main meal to lunch after our first trip, when we found our kids were having meltdown around dinner. They are older now, but we all still like taking a break midday, usually in AC, sitting down preferably out of the parks. Then, we eat what we feel like later in the day.

We mix it up. None of my group are big breakfast eaters. We may have a granola bar or dessert that we brought back to the resort from the previous night. We usually eat lunch around 11:00 am since everyone is hungry by then. Supper is usually between 6 - 7 pm. Sometimes we'll do a TS meal at lunch or other times at supper. I tend to schedule TS meals at resorts or Disney Springs for evenings. If we're in the parks, I usually schedule the TS meal for lunch unless we can't get a reservation for the times we want. We don't do a lot of snacking. I sometimes end up buying drinks with the snack credits.

This totally depends on who we have with us... Plus I have hypoglycemia and have to watch my myself and make sure to eat the right things often...

DH and I don't hit the rope drop anymore very often... a lot of the time we have breakfast food court - then snack around until between 2 or 4 then have linner (lunch and dinner) then have dessert somewhere else in the park...

If we are doing character breakfast ( 9 to 10 ).... we will have TS later after 7:00pm and snack in between...

For us it a all depends situation - if DGS is with eat we eat to his schedule... which is eating all day long and he is only 4...

Usually we are eating our biggest meal at dinner.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if you're asking just for conversations sake or if you're looking for advice, but while on vacation, i always tend to eat my largest meal at dinner purely because I enjoy dinner food the best. I'm a huge pasta person, so I indulge on more savory dishes while in the parks. While at home, I definitely tend to make breakfast my priority to kick start my morning.

Breakfast is usually a quick in room snack. Later lunch TS or QS for our big meal as we can walk it off (Most of the menu's are similar but much lower in cost) and snack in the evening or sometimes split a QS.

So, what is your plan usually like? Do you tend to stick to one time during the day for your big meal? If so, what makes you decide when?
We typically will do quick breakfast (in room or QS) then it could be an afternoon snack and then an early dinner (3pm) with an evening snack.

It really varies depending up what we have planned for the day. If we get a later start then by 3-4pm we want a break, but if we RD then grabbing lunch at 12:30 is usually what we want to do. See what fits best in your plans -- I don't try to make any formal - "we have to have a big dinner" plan. Our dining plans evolve as I plan our park days. I first book at 6 months - I may book a TS lunch AND a TS dinner - as park hours are released and we know what we want to do each day I start weeding out what we no longer need for reservations. We usually only do one TS meal a day, but at times we might do 2.

Usually our toughest decision is where we want to eat. Then easier part is figuring when.

Mostly late lunches (say, 2-3 pm). I usually have breakfast in the room, and I generally don’t stay in the parks until closing, so I hit my three FP, have my big meal, do another 2-3 FP and head back to the hotel. I have an AP and my trips are usually 11 days, so I have a more laid back touring approach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter