When do you buy park tickets?

KevDog

Earning My Ears
We're new to DVC having just closed on our first contract (Direct/DGF). My question is when do you all buy your park tickets? We've booked our vacation (11 mos out - next June) so do you buy your tickets when you book or wait until it gets closer? I assume there is always a risk of prices going up so buying early might be better?

We will be there 10 days and a 10-day park hopper pass is $827. The sorcerers pass is $969. Since it seems like the Sorcerer pass starts on the first day you visit the park - this means we could buy it now, activate it next June and then have 12 mos from June to do another trip making the $969 a better deal. If we couldn't fit in another trip (we're not close enough to just visit a day here and there - it's a plane trip for us)- is there any reason to pay the extra $ for the sorcerer pass?

Thanks.

As you stated if you make another trip then you wouldn't have to buy additional tickets, so that would be a plus. If you plan on going annually and would be renewing your pass each year you will get 15% off the renewal price.

Also, if you are planning to add Memory Maker is currently $169 for a single trip, whereas you can add it to one of the Sorcerer's Passes for $99 for a year.

Normally I wait until I get closer. Like the week before.

During the past few years I was buying 3-4 months out due to some reservations becoming unavailable, but that doesn’t seem to be happening anymore.

If there are rumors of a price hike I might buy before it.

If I know we’ll get two trips in 12 months we get the pass.

There is no guarantee this will happen but I am curious if Disney will discount the AP for DVC members given the most recent earning call. DVC was called out and low park attendance, a potential solution would be discount APs for DVC members. It would encourage us to visit more which would also increase the amount of points we need. Just a thought. Buying now could save or cost you money depending on whatever your magic 8 ball says

Last edited:
If you think you can get a second trip in before next June, buying the Sorcerer pass now is a good idea.

That is what we always did when we went only once a year. While waiting, in the past, was no big deal, there is always the chance the suspend sales of the APs again.

I don’t expect it, but it is something to consider…if you can swing it, I’d just buy now and know you are set!

With the recent park attendance and earnings call, I would wait as long as you can. For our August trip, we bought 3 day park tickets right before the winter price increase. Then this spring they dropped the 4 day pass special which was significantly cheaper + an extra day than what I paid. I was pretty ticked. We just returned and seeing the crowds....I have a feeling more discounts are coming......especially for Florida residents (although I would love a DVC deal, I talked to so many disenfranchised owners over our trip).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter