When do you book hotels?

amw

need a new tag
We will be going to DLR the first week of March, 2007. In the past, I would have my hotels booked for WDW a year before we went. I don't have that sense of urgency with DL.

I'm not sure if I'll be staying onsite, or at a Harbour 2-room hotel. All the websites look like they'll only take bookings 4-6 months prior. How soon should I book rooms? :confused3

It depends on where you'll be staying. The DLR hotels are not openned for reservations yet, and proably won't be till their pricing is determined in late summer/early fall. Many of the Harbor hotels are booking for early 2007. I know I've checked, rates for the Camelot Inn (formerly Park Inn) Carousel Inn and the Tropicana for February 2007. If you want a WDTC package you will have to wait till the end of summer.

Six months should be plenty. We booked our trip for last month (March 9-13). We booked in January. We stayed off site, but had no problems getting a room. During the peak seasons I would plan to book 5-6 months in advance. Especially if you know exactly what you want.

Beware of the convention months!!! :crazy: :earseek: :scared1:
(Especially with the Grand Californian)

Even though September is an extremely low crowd month, when we tried to book rooms for the Grand Californian awhile in advance...I think in April or May, we had a hard time getting a room....alot of the weekends were already booked full! It was all because September and October were big time convention months. I think the week we were there Wells Fargo had a big convention and the hotel was completely booked up. Some of our family had to stay offsite elsewhere the last night, so I say book in advance as soon as the dates are available. You never know if a big convention is during your stay!!!

We were planning to go to WDW in March and had to cancel our trip. We thought that we would go to DL instead but could not get a room at DL hotel during that time (our spring break). We did not want to stay off the property, we were using the AAA package and wanted to get the unlimited fastpass option. We are now going the end of June staying at DL hotel and I booked this in March. I would suggest booking as soon as you are allowed just to be on the safe side.

Mousemom said:
I would suggest booking as soon as you are allowed just to be on the safe side.

That's my question -- how soon are you allowed?

It sounds like you can't book onsite for March 2007 until the Fall (?). Is it safe to say if I wait until September (6 months in advance) to book, I'll be OK for booking March 4-10? If not, how soon can you book?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter