When Do I Pay for United Baggage Fees?

have2getaway

DIS Veteran
We fly to Orlando next weekend. We have Basic Economy seats. Do we pay for the checked baggage before we leave or when we check in at the airport? Can it be paid on the United app.?

I'm not familiar with United, but there might be a discount for paying in advance. If you KNOW you'll be checking bags, I would go ahead and pay for those. If you need to check more than you thought, you can pay when you check in or at the airport.

You can pay when you check in (if you check in on the app or computer 24 hours before your flight) or at the airport.

When you come back from Disney, I believe you have to pay for your luggage before bringing them to RAC (if utilizing), so make sure you check in before heading to RAC and pay for luggage via the app on the way home.

You can pay when you check in (if you check in on the app or computer 24 hours before your flight) or at the airport.

When you come back from Disney, I believe you have to pay for your luggage before bringing them to RAC (if utilizing), so make sure you check in before heading to RAC and pay for luggage via the app on the way home.

Thank you! I will definitely be sure to pay before we use RAC, which we are planning to utilize.

I'm not familiar with United, but there might be a discount for paying in advance. If you KNOW you'll be checking bags, I would go ahead and pay for those. If you need to check more than you thought, you can pay when you check in or at the airport.

Thank you! I couldn’t find on the app where I can pre-pay for the luggage, but I will contact United to ask them if there’s a discount if we pay in advance.

Thank you! I will definitely be sure to pay before we use RAC, which we are planning to utilize.

On the DME letter left at your room the day before your departure, there is a phone number to call and pay baggage fees. However, I saw many people just paying the fee in person at the RAC, I think they only provide the phone # so the line doesn't get too backed up with payers at the desk, I think they can absolutely do it at the desk. No worries, they'll get your $ from you.

Thank you! I couldn’t find on the app where I can pre-pay for the luggage, but I will contact United to ask them if there’s a discount if we pay in advance.

Unlike some carriers, United does not offer discounts for pre-paying baggage fees. For a US domestic ticket, the price is $30 for the first bag and $40 for the second.

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/travel/baggage/changed-bag-rules-optional-services.aspx

You will be asked to pay for your bags when you check in. So, if you check in online, that's when you pay. If you wait and check in at the airport, that's where you will pay.

As you plan to use the Resort Airline Check-in Service (RAC) on your return, you'll need to follow their policies. As noted, you'll receive instructions. But, you probably will have already checked in (via the website or app) and paid for your luggage by the time you get to the RAC location.

Unlike some carriers, United does not offer discounts for pre-paying baggage fees. For a US domestic ticket, the price is $30 for the first bag and $40 for the second.

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/travel/baggage/changed-bag-rules-optional-services.aspx

You will be asked to pay for your bags when you check in. So, if you check in online, that's when you pay. If you wait and check in at the airport, that's where you will pay.

As you plan to use the Resort Airline Check-in Service (RAC) on your return, you'll need to follow their policies. As noted, you'll receive instructions. But, you probably will have already checked in (via the website or app) and paid for your luggage by the time you get to the RAC location.

Thank you! This very thoroughly explains what to expect. Thanks so much for your help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter