• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When do EMH Generally Get Announced/Changed?

jenPSU

Mouseketeer
We are a group of 11 doing a week at WDW in January 2020. We are planning to stay onsite for the first time in a long time, so we’ll have access to 60-day FPs and EMH for the first time in a long time as well.

Since we’re a lot of people, we’re hoping to plan most of our ADRs based on our park plans for each day so that extensive transportation isn’t required. (I’m assuming extensive park hopping with 11 people will be like trying to turn a large ship, although we are planning to have park hoppers). I think several of our ADRs will be in-park character lunches. So I was hoping to have a general plan for which park we’ll be at each day, at least the mornings, by 180 days to get our ADRs. In your experience, do EMHs change much in the less than 180-day window? I think we may want to take advantage of some of the morning EMRs and then we’d try for an ADR lunch in the same day. I know nothing is guaranteed, but it would be helpful to know how often new EMH are added in the <180 days timeframe. Or for that matter, in the <60 days timeframe. Also, has anyone ever seen them remove EMH?

When they post EMH I do not think they take them away they will add hours. Or days but I do not think they will take away EMH.

It is very rarely that they have changed EMH (only happened to me once, and that was because they added a 24 hour MK day Memorial Day weekend several years ago), I would not expect a change in January. You should be fine to plan your ADRs based on the posted schedule. Sounds like a great trip, have fun!

We are a group of 11 doing a week at WDW in January 2020. We are planning to stay onsite for the first time in a long time, so we’ll have access to 60-day FPs and EMH for the first time in a long time as well.

Since we’re a lot of people, we’re hoping to plan most of our ADRs based on our park plans for each day so that extensive transportation isn’t required. (I’m assuming extensive park hopping with 11 people will be like trying to turn a large ship, although we are planning to have park hoppers). I think several of our ADRs will be in-park character lunches. So I was hoping to have a general plan for which park we’ll be at each day, at least the mornings, by 180 days to get our ADRs. In your experience, do EMHs change much in the less than 180-day window? I think we may want to take advantage of some of the morning EMRs and then we’d try for an ADR lunch in the same day. I know nothing is guaranteed, but it would be helpful to know how often new EMH are added in the <180 days timeframe. Or for that matter, in the <60 days timeframe. Also, has anyone ever seen them remove EMH?

We travel as a group of 12. We park hop after taking an afternoon break.

I looked at historical EMH to make my plans. It worked out well.

The only "change" I see in EMH was the addition of it everyday for 2 months starting Sept 2 and going through Nov 1 of this year for SWGE. EPCOT is the only park not included in the extra extra magic hours. And yes I've seen it removed, but it's a temporary thing again because of SWGE. They took away the evening EMH at MK, but as I already said, that's because they have an AM one everyday for 2 months.

As other posters have mentioned, look at the historical park hours for January and you should be fine. That's what I did for our June trip this year and was happy to see that Wed evening EMH was there for MK. EPCOT has one on Tue evening. The AM ones didn't work out with my park visits this year, so my son and I will be rope dropping using our FPs and trying to leave by 1. We will return around 7 or so to enjoy the evening in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter