When do AP price increases occur?

discott71

Mouseketeer
I am in the beginning stages of planning a December 2020 trip and know we will be going back in 2021 so I know DVC AP is the way to go for my family of 5. We haven't been in a few years so I have lost track of prices increases (holy cow!). Can anyone tell me when annual price increases occur? Is it a good idea for me to purchase our APs now or wait? Any other tips would be greatly appreciated :).

Thank you!

I am in the beginning stages of planning a December 2020 trip and know we will be going back in 2021 so I know DVC AP is the way to go for my family of 5. We haven't been in a few years so I have lost track of prices increases (holy cow!). Can anyone tell me when annual price increases occur? Is it a good idea for me to purchase our APs now or wait? Any other tips would be greatly appreciated :).

Thank you!
https://allears.net/walt-disney-world/wdw-planning/wdw-ticket-increase-guide/

We're in the same boat. We have a trip booked for November 2020. It will be our first trip after my retirement, and we always thought we would get APs every other year and get two trips out of them. I want this so bad, but I'm afraid I will like it so much I'll want to keep doing it. But the way Disney keeps increasing AP prices, I'm not sure it will be something we can continue! But I think we will do it at least once, and I guess now's the time to do it before they get any more expensive. I would love to wait a little while before spending that much money, but I'm afraid to wait. Especially since they don't give you much notice.

Thanks. It appears the last increase happened much quicker (less than a year). Wonder if the new Star Wars attractions will drive another increase sooner than later.

Do they typically give any advance notice before increasing prices? Does DVC also increase their AP price automatically if/when a price increase occrus?
I didn’t catch any notice last year. I very, very lucky the 1st day of my trip (and the day I upgraded to a gold AP) was the day before prices jumped $100.

Last year, non-DVC AP’s could still be purchased at Sams Club until their stock ran out.

The DVC prices increased the same day as the others.

They went up overnight on June 18th. Absolutely no notice, as had been the case previously. Gold went from $609 to $699 plus tax.

Disney has priced us out of buying AP's anymore when they went to $699 plus. Sorry but that cost and the crowds has us thinking of selling.

Disney has priced us out of buying AP's anymore when they went to $699 plus. Sorry but that cost and the crowds has us thinking of selling.
I really don’t like that price point, but it depends on how much one wants to go to WDW.

A 3-day hopper can be $400+, a 4-day hopper can be $500+
If you can do (2) or more trips within 12 months, the gold AP still saves a lot of $

we use to go 2 or 3 x a year with AP but now in our 70's it is going down to once a year. And maybe none a year if the prices go much higher.

The increase in ticket prices since our last trip in 2015 really shocked me. Our December trip will be 10 days long. Undercover Tourist has a 10-Day PH pass for $647.89 per person (we are a family of 5 :oops:). The AP is a significant investment but if we plan on going back in 2021, it would be a significant cost savings (Mickey Math :rotfl2:).

We, too, have a trip planned for July and Nov 2020 (and hoping to add one next year) so will get an AP, too. I wish they'd do the special where you got the unrestricted pass for the price of the restricted one again! That worked out great for us in the past. But like you, I'm just hoping to get the pass before the price goes up. Hoping to have enough money saved up very soon.

I personally wish they would let DVC members do the monthly payment plan like FL residents. That has been debated for years and years.

I personally wish they would let DVC members do the monthly payment plan like FL residents. That has been debated for years and years.
AMEN!!! I was just telling my DH this. We used to go 3-4 times a year, but now that our daughter is in kindergarten it’s a whole new ballgame. Plus the “old times” when you could book a quick weekend in the winter are gone. It’s crazy. Our passes expire on March 1st and I can’t find a long weekend before they do, and I can’t justify the new pricing and no payment option. I’m beyond bummed.

AMEN!!! I was just telling my DH this. We used to go 3-4 times a year, but now that our daughter is in kindergarten it’s a whole new ballgame. Plus the “old times” when you could book a quick weekend in the winter are gone. It’s crazy. Our passes expire on March 1st and I can’t find a long weekend before they do, and I can’t justify the new pricing and no payment option. I’m beyond bummed.
I remember when the gold pass was 300 something. We too used to go 2-3 times a year for 5-10 days each trip. Those days are LONG GONE. We are thankful we can get the promotional military passes so we might just have to do that going forward. They finally came out with a 6 day ticket. I wished they would give a 7 day. They just increased it to 6 this year.

I remember when the gold pass was 300 something. We too used to go 2-3 times a year for 5-10 days each trip. Those days are LONG GONE. We are thankful we can get the promotional military passes so we might just have to do that going forward. They finally came out with a 6 day ticket. I wished they would give a 7 day. They just increased it to 6 this year.
You’re lucky you have still have the military discount although not even what it used to be. I remember those good days as well. My DH keeps telling me that they will get to a point where the greed and the cost of tickets will cap, but I don’t think so anytime in the near or far future. I just looked at touring plans to see the “crowd calendar” and it barely dips below 5-6 anytime between now and when our kids school starts in August. You are so right the “good old days” are long gone. We’ve enjoyed being DVC members for 14 years, but we are headed to one long trip if that a year with our kiddos going to school and maybe looking at taking our points and doing other things. Breaks my heart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter