• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When Disney exercises ROFR

kenyoncad

Earning My Ears
We have a contract that we are selling that passed ROFR, but it got me thinking... I would be kind of disappointed if the contract I'm selling got taken, I would like to think those points were going to a family who would love them, not back to Disney to make a quick buck.

If you have a contract where Disney exercises ROFR do you have to close? Or can you choose to keep the contract, and if so how long would you need to wait before trying to sell it again?

You could cancel the deal like you can on any buyer but your owe the broker commission for the sale.

And selling it again could result in the same outcome.

Plus the buyers of resale know this is part of the process and will just move on to the next one.

Whether they get sold by you or by Disney via ROFR, they will still end up with a family who loves them. They'll just pay a bit more to love them if purchased direct. But, then they get a blue card, so there is a benefit to it going that route!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter