when did you start looking for dresses?

mmmsarah3

Mouseketeer
I am so excited to go out and find my dress, but I still have a little over a year until my wedding. When did you start going out to try on dresses?

I only had 4 months to plan my wedding. I didn't look at dresses until 3 months out but I had no idea how long it takes to get a dress! Some bridal salons will tell you it takes up to 9 months! I had to pay a fortune to have mine rushed!

I ordered mine last September and I just got it the end of March. I had to order mine early just to be safe because you never know when it will be discontinued and I knew that was the dress I wanted.

I ordered mine 6 months early & they told me it would take 3-4 month to arrive

My wedding is over a year and a half away and i already have a dress in mind. its never too early!! :thumbsup2

My wedding is in October and I bought my dress in March. I walked out of the store with it that very day. All I have to do now is go for a fitting, but luckily it fit near perfect when I got it and won't need much altering.

You should really start looking now. I work in bridal, and it usually takes about 6 months for a gown to arrive with regular deliverey (meaning without a rush order) once it has been ordered. Depending on the designer, some could come as quickly as 3 months, and some can take as many as 9-12 months! You then want to allow about a month for alterations, so you're right on schedule to start looking asap just to be on the safe side, especially since it's hard to make a decision immediately.

I am so excited to go out and find my dress, but I still have a little over a year until my wedding. When did you start going out to try on dresses?

We just got married (May 7), and I got my dress last October.

It pays to start looking round, and try lots of different styles.

I wasn't sure about mine on the hanger, but when I tried on I knew it was the one!!!!

Happy dress hunting, it's so much fun! :banana:

Getting Married March of 2008 - ordered my dress like 3 weeks ago, they told me it should be here by August - it showed up Saturday!!!

I need to go pick it up though!! :p

It is never too early to find your dress and when you put it on you will just know its THE dress. Although bridal salons tell you it takes a long time to get the dress in, I think that A. they are just trying to rush you to make a sale, and B all the dresses show up at least a few weeks early.

Keep in mind that you don't want to be rushed at the end searching for a dress, and it is relaxing to know that your dress is taken care of and one less thing to worry about.

I only had 4 months to plan my wedding. I didn't look at dresses until 3 months out but I had no idea how long it takes to get a dress! Some bridal salons will tell you it takes up to 9 months! I had to pay a fortune to have mine rushed!

Wow I will have to tell my wife she wasnt the only one to pick out a dress in such a short amount of time. I think it was about 4 months out when she got the dress. And she made the decision in 1 day.....a miracle :laughing: But it was perfect!

I ordered mine 8 months in advance and it took 4 months to come in. It took about 2 months and 3 fittings for alterations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter