When Did Happily Ever After Times Change?

wareagle57

DIS Veteran
I can't believe I haven't noticed this yet, but I just realized HAE times are listed at X:55 instead of on the hour as in the past. How long has this been the case, and do they actually start at 7:55/8:55? Or is that an effort to get people there earlier, or avoid confusion with it being at the same time as park close?

I guess it's adjusted based on other events? We are going in August and showtime is listed as 9:15pm

The show we went to last week started pretty promptly at 7:55. Not sure what the reasoning behind that is, but they seem to mean it.

HEA remains at that time until 3/10/18.
March 11th is the magical date when all the night time shows will go through a time change.

Going back in time a week before the HEA time change, SWaGS was mysteriously moved to 15 minutes later. I asked several people who should know why, but I've gotten different responses and none of them make any sense.

Looking at the times below, to me, it's apparent that they didn't want any of the shows to take place at the same time. Is that the reason? Below are the show times once the time change takes effect on March 11th. Anyone have a better reason?

Fantasmic...... 8:30
RoL......... ..... 8:45
HEA.............. 8:55
Illuminations.. 9:00
SWaGS.......... 9:15
RoL...............10:00

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter