When can you book 2018?

mousemamma

Mouseketeer
It's been many years since we booked a WDW vacation package. I'm a plan way in advance person but can't seem to look up rates past this December 2017. Does anyone know when Disney will open up reservations for 2018?

We're so spoiled with the cruises being open so far in advance that I just assumed the parks were set up the same way with reservations.

If anyone knows when they might open that would be great!

Thanks!

I think they will start showing online in the next few months. You can always call and speak to a CM right now and book a RO reservation. It will be at rack rate, but can be changed to add a discount or package when they come available. You are basically just guaranteeing your resort. For example I booked our trip for February 2018 at the beginning of this year. I went ahead and booked a Nemo suite at AOA since those are the first to go. I can always change it later, but at least I know I have that guaranteed right now.

You can book a room only ressie 499 days out, your entire stay has to be in that window, by calling 407-939-7675. You will pay your deposit at this years rate, then when 2018 opens your remaining balance will be adjusted to the new rate. If you PIF now you will have to pay the difference when you check in.

Just wanted to mention that while you can book RO now, if you want a package, it's probably better to wait until the 2018 rates are released. If you book RO now and change to a package later, the RO will have to be cancelled/refunded and a package booked, requiring a new $200 deposit. Since RO and packages are different reservation systems, money paid toward one cannot be transferred/applied to the other.

A CM told me last week that 2018 packages would be out on June30th. But I continue to check just in case he wasn't correct :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter