"When Can We Do This Again? I Never Want This To End" - Why is Paint The Night not back???

Tedwash

Earning My Ears
I was never able to see this parade during it's short run but have seen it a gazillion times on YouTube. I dunno what it is but this parade seems to draw the emotions from this 50yr old man. I may in the minority here but this parade seems 100x better than Magic Happens. Is this too tough to put on every night? The brought back the Main Street Electrical parade for a while and that was awesome.

Anyone know what happened here?

There keep being rumors that it will return. I think it's just a cost situation. I'm not sure where all the floats are for it. I thought they went overseas.

IMO, it's the best Disney nighttime spectacular that I've ever seen. I absolutely love that parade. But, I think it's really expensive to run, and at one point their were rumors that the costumes were so heavy, they were injuring performers. I sure hope they find a way to bring it back!!

I keep hearing rumors we will get something this summer as another nighttime show....but its June 8th.....would they really annouce it this close to summer time?

I keep hearing rumors we will get something this summer as another nighttime show....but its June 8th.....would they really annouce it this close to summer time?
Probably would have seen something by now typically. But with the unexpected closure of F! they may still be trying to figure what if anything is feasible to add entertainment-wise.

"Summer" for DLR is July and August most of the time. For some reason they don't include June.

I'd love to see Paint The Night, but would be even happier if the brought the Electrical parade back this summer :)
I've heard that might be impossible, but one can dream.

I'd love to see Paint The Night, but would be even happier if the brought the Electrical parade back this summer :)
I've heard that might be impossible, but one can dream.

I'd like to see PTN at DL and MSEP go over to WDW, with the recent revisions.

I keep hoping. I wanted to see it so badly when it was running, and for various reasons, never got to.

MSEP is my absolute favorite (Baroque Hoedown is my ring tone lol), but PtN runs a close second. I'd like to see it come back periodically, like they've done with MSEP.

'When Can We Do This Again' is such a happy, catchy song. Gets me dancing like an excited 3 year old every time.

'When Can We Do This Again' is such a happy, catchy song. Gets me dancing like an excited 3 year old every time.
I also heard it for the first time on my first visit to Disneyland with my youngest son who was soon to be a high school senior. We were about midpoint in an epic road trip. I think the whole combination just made that parade for me. Those moments on the curb are (hopefully) indelible memories for me.

Why? Because DL execs are cheap, tight, and don't give a rip about us except for our ticket costs. Why else wouldn't they do Fantamic every night? Lots of cost to cast - but they say it's a noise ordinance thing (even though F! fireworks can't be heard in Downtown Disney).

I'm with you - nothing compares to this parade. I'd rather watch this than any fireworks show. But it's very cast-member heavy in visible parade cast and maintenance cast. So, it's easier to say "Come see MSEP for the last time."...for the 27th time. They really should bring it back as something special. But since we all just show up after they slap a 100 on the gate, they don't need to lure us in with anything else.

I wish they would bring the parade back! I play the song on my way to work occasionally. It was so good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter