When can I book Thanksgiving Dinner reservation?

Has anyone booked the Disneyland Hotel Thanksgiving? Dining phone line isn't working and every time I do have a option pop up for a time slot, I get the "sorry for the paws" message. So frustrating.

See my above post. I kept getting that error. The phone lines were a mess this morning. I got disconnected or the busy signal several times before I got through, then waited over 40 minutes on hold.

See my above post. I kept getting that error. The phone lines were a mess this morning. I got disconnected or the busy signal several times before I got through, then waited over 40 minutes on hold.

Unbelievable! I'm hoping with the outrageous price jump it won't be quite as difficult to get this year when they finally get the system up and running.

Well, according to an earlier comment from the poster you quoted, dinner seating is already booked!

I'm not so sure that's the case. The dining phone number doesn't seem to be working at all, not even being put into a queue at this point and the chat feature has been disabled on the site. I can't imagine this is all simply because it's been fully booked.

Besides the DLH Buffet, are other menus posted?

I would love to see some too if anyone has a link. I haven't seen any yet this year. In years past though very often Disney doesn't get around to posting the menus until days after the bookings have filled. :rolleyes1

I would love to see some too if anyone has a link. I haven't seen any yet this year. In years past though very often Disney doesn't get around to posting the menus until days after the bookings have filled. :rolleyes1
I forgot that today was the day and of course, most things are booked for dinner :( . I had set a reminder on 11/27 but then forgot to move it when the word came out that they opened today. So looking for Plan B. Also that DLH price is extreme! I thought I was going to be all in regardless, but definitely had second thoughts when I saw the price tag. My kids won't eat very much and probably would be rather out riding rides anyway

I forgot that today was the day and of course, most things are booked for dinner :( . I had set a reminder on 11/27 but then forgot to move it when the word came out that they opened today. So looking for Plan B. Also that DLH price is extreme! I thought I was going to be all in regardless, but definitely had second thoughts when I saw the price tag. My kids won't eat very much and probably would be rather out riding rides anyway

:sad:There are still a few choices left, especially if you don't have a large party. You should grab something so you feel like you have an option. Both Storyteller's and PCH Grill serve buffets with typical Thanksgiving fare. We always pick Storyteller's because it became a tradition for us. Many of the restaurants in the parks serve a typical non-buffet Thanksgiving meal for the day. If you are looking for something a little different, I have read that Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen in downtown Disney serves a good Thanksgiving meal, but I haven't tried it myself.

:sad:There are still a few choices left, especially if you don't have a large party. You should grab something so you feel like you have an option. Both Storyteller's and PCH Grill serve buffets with typical Thanksgiving fare. We always pick Storyteller's because it became a tradition for us. Many of the restaurants in the parks serve a typical non-buffet Thanksgiving meal for the day. If you are looking for something a little different, I have read that Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen in downtown Disney serves a good Thanksgiving meal, but I haven't tried it myself.
Yep, I grabbed StoryTellers and Steakhouse 55 right now as some options. And looking perhaps at lunch options. I wish I had menus though as last year some of them looked rather unconventional...which doesn't go well with my picky eaters ha ha

Yep, I grabbed StoryTellers and Steakhouse 55 right now as some options. And looking perhaps at lunch options. I wish I had menus though as last year some of them looked rather unconventional...which doesn't go well with my picky eaters ha ha

I would consider Storytellers pretty conventional. Salad, fruit usually containing pineapple and melons, mashed potatoes, some sort of green beans, stuffing (type varies from year to year), turkey and beef at the carving station, usually a salmon dish and a pork dish, one or two soups, just a few other items. Desserts are mostly mini sized, plentiful, and tasty with a decent variety of flavors.

I was able to grab a storytellers reservation for thanksgiving... a little later then what I would have liked but it was already pretty booked up a couple hours ago...(I am on a short trip right now with friends so I can’t check the disboard or disney website constantly)... a couple of minutes later I tried a backup reservations at goofy’s kitchen but I just missed the last suitable timeslot for us...)
And now pretty much everything is taken besides some leftovers at storytellers and goofy’s...)

I just hope storytellers will be again with characters this year...
I don’t know about pricing though... I hope it’s about the price from last year... so about $50... ?

Does anyone think there will be more info released before thanksgiving?

I was able to grab a storytellers reservation for thanksgiving... a little later then what I would have liked but it was already pretty booked up a couple hours ago...(I am on a short trip right now with friends so I can’t check the disboard or disney website constantly)... a couple of minutes later I tried a backup reservations at goofy’s kitchen but I just missed the last suitable timeslot for us...)
And now pretty much everything is taken besides some leftovers at storytellers and goofy’s...)

I just hope storytellers will be again with characters this year...
I don’t know about pricing though... I hope it’s about the price from last year... so about $50... ?

Does anyone think there will be more info released before thanksgiving?

The phone CM I talked to yesterday said Storytellers is $49 per adult which from my notes is the same as last year. I didn't get kid pricing as we don't have any kids in our group. The CM did refer to all three hotel Thanksgiving meals as character dining when she was talking about them casually waiting for the pricing info to come up on her system. I didn't absolutely confirm this, but it seems to be the model Disney has moved to and hence the reason for the pricing. I remember the years back when Storyteller's was $31-$35 per adult with no characters for Thanksgiving. I was kind of disappointed when they added the characters as we were all kind of past the point when that mattered to us, and I liked the lower price point option for the holiday meal. We got a couple fun pictures with the characters last year though, and their presence does add a more Disney feel to the experience.

The phone CM I talked to yesterday said Storytellers is $49 per adult which from my notes is the same as last year. I didn't get kid pricing as we don't have any kids in our group. The CM did refer to all three hotel Thanksgiving meals as character dining when she was talking about them casually waiting for the pricing info to come up on her system. I didn't absolutely confirm this, but it seems to be the model Disney has moved to and hence the reason for the pricing. I remember the years back when Storyteller's was $31-$35 per adult with no characters for Thanksgiving. I was kind of disappointed when they added the characters as we were all kind of past the point when that mattered to us, and I liked the lower price point option for the holiday meal. We got a couple fun pictures with the characters last year though, and their presence does add a more Disney feel to the experience.
Thank you! That info helps me...(I don’t need kid pricing either... I am the only kid in our travel party and I am 26... :rolleyes1)
Now I am looking forward to our first (American) thanksgiving dinner...

Just got our reservation! Got the earliest time slot that we were looking to get.

It would be nice if they posted all of the prices (if they are more than normal). If Storytellers is 49.00 for adults, that means that the Fantasmic-to-Go Package would be cheaper and you get the reserved seating in addition to the meal. Unless the price is higher on Thanksgiving for that too?

This year’s reservation process for the DLH Thanksgiving Buffet is seriously forked. After getting the “Paws” error message every time I tried to book a time that we wanted this morning, I called in and waited 40 minutes to be told the second (dinner) seating was sold out. Fine, I booked us for the first (lunch) seating. As I kept checking back on the website throughout the day, I noticed 3:30, 3:45, and 4:00 times that would work for us pop up, but I couldn’t book them online without getting the “Paws” error and then the times would disappear. I decided to try calling again, and after waiting on hold for 30 minutes, a CM was able to book the second seating for us, but not without some difficulty on her end. The CM admitted the system has been glitchy all day.

Last edited:
yes very glitchy this year.... The system has been acting weird all week. trying to book all week showing no availability first thing in the morning and then to have the system open up by mid-afternoon. It ended up working out for me as I have gotten all the reservations exactly how I wanted them but not without a lot of worry and struggle.

I don’t think Napa rose is available for thanksgiving dinner anymore, I saw the times come up and go. There might be some for those staying onsite but you’ll have to call.
Keep calling -- cancellations do happen and spots open up, even closer to the holiday. For those interested in the NR option, from the DLR website:

Thanksgiving Day at Napa Rose
Give thanks… experience authentic California cuisine that takes your taste buds on an unforgettable epicurean adventure!
On November 28, 2019, take time to celebrate family, friends and good fortune with a special Thanksgiving repast that’s unparalleled—Chef Andrew Sutton’s indulgent 4-Course Wine Country Feast. Our exquisite prix fixe menu features delicious dishes replete with the Golden State’s finest flavors. Plus, you can commemorate the special occasion with a hand-selected flight of wines for an additional charge.
Guests may choose to dine in the lounge or bar, where they can also select items from our à la carte menu―only available in these areas on Thanksgiving Day. Kids can pick the turkey dinner or items from our children’s menu.
Thanksgiving Dinner Details
  • Napa Rose Restaurant
  • First dinner seating – 4:00 PM, 4:30 PM, 5:00 PM and 5:30 PM
  • Second dinner seating – 6:00 PM, 6:30 PM, 7:00 PM and 7:30 PM
  • $125 per adult – additional charge of $55 per person for wine flight applies
  • $25 per child (ages 3 to 9)
  • Wine, liquor, beverages, tax and gratuities are not included with meal price
  • Alcohol will only be served to Guests 21 and older
  • Includes 5 hours of complimentary parking at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
  • Seating offered on a first-come, first-served basis
  • Reservations require a credit card guarantee
  • Cancellations must be made at least 72 hours in advance to avoid full package price charge per person, which also applies to no-shows

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter