When can I book Thanksgiving Dinner reservation?

Thanksgiving at the DLH will go on sale tomorrow. Prices have jumped dramatically, and will be $180 for adults and $70 for 3-9 before tax and tip, prepaid.
That's more than my MONTHLY food budget for my family of 4!😳

To clarify, on the phone, I was told $180 plus tax and tip. Online, it says $180 includes tax and tip. That is a $30 increase over last year.

To clarify, on the phone, I was told $180 plus tax and tip. Online, it says $180 includes tax and tip. That is a $30 increase over last year.
Since you do this buffet every year, how do you feel about this price increase? Do you think the meal is worth it? Or have you heard that there will be additions to justify the increase in cost?
The reservations page online is slowly, so slowly filling in...

Since you do this buffet every year, how do you feel about this price increase? Do you think the meal is worth it? Or have you heard that there will be additions to justify the increase in cost?
I’m obviously not who the question is directed to, but I’m trying to imagine the quantity of food I would need to eat in order to feel like the $180 price tag was justifiable... I’d probably walk out of there looking like Aunt Marge after Harry blew her up 😳

I’m obviously not who the question is directed to, but I’m trying to imagine the quantity of food I would need to eat in order to feel like the $180 price tag was justifiable... I’d probably walk out of there looking like Aunt Marge after Harry blew her up 😳
We have friends who love this buffet and do it every year -- and they are hearty eaters. They love the atmosphere, the decorations, the band, the characters, and (!) the food. But I warned them about this year's price increase and haven't heard anything back yet. I wonder if they will still do the DLH this year or maybe move to Storyteller's or Goofy's.

So, any idea what time of day reservations will go up? I'm going to be at work and was hoping to get it done before I leave.

We have friends who love this buffet and do it every year -- and they are hearty eaters. They love the atmosphere, the decorations, the band, the characters, and (!) the food. But I warned them about this year's price increase and haven't heard anything back yet. I wonder if they will still do the DLH this year or maybe move to Storyteller's or Goofy's.
Yeah, of course part of the price is for the experience and not the food. Still, I’d be all 4F797F0B-8859-4623-9D18-220021AC21A0.jpeg

Not @Malcon10t, but we also do the Thanksgiving buffet every year. This year's price is a steep jump for sure. When I called Disneyland Dining last week to inquire when reservations would open, the CM told me October 2 (which you all already know), asked if I had any questions (nope, we do this every year), and warned that the price went up this year (it goes up every year), and interestingly shared that he thought this year's price increase was quite steep. FWIW, he did say the $180 adults and $70 children price was inclusive of gratuity and tax.

Having done this every year, I will say that a big jump would've been justified about 2 years ago, when Disney brought in a new Thanksgiving table set where Minnie and Friends meet and greet, and take pictures around, and brought in some new backdrops for the other meet and greet stations. Disney also upgraded the decor and lighting throughout the ballroom. It's really become quite a swanky affair. (Park attire is still totally ok.) I'm curious what improvements will justify this year's price jump or if Disney is just making a money grab where they can because the Parks division has been struggling with low summer attendance and lukewarm reaction to SWGE.

That said, the price doesn't include just food and drink (the quality and selection has always been very good, and the menu for which you can find on the webpage for the Disneyland Hotel Thanksgiving). As I mentioned, the decor is really impressive, and there are meet and greet spots all around the ballroom, where you can meet and take pictures with Minnie, Pluto, Donald and Daisy, Horace and Clarabelle; and in past years, Koda and Kenai, Chip and Dale, Geppetto and Pinocchio, Pocahontas and Meeko, Robin Hood and Friar Tuck, and I think the Country Bears. The Dwight Kennedy Band has also been on stage every year performing favorite Disney and holiday music, and there's a dance floor for everyone, but especially the kids, to dance. It's really a fun experience where we enjoy good food and make a lot of great memories.

This is a tradition for us, so we'll pay what the Mouse demands and Disney knows it.

I know the price sounds really steep for a meal, but I think about how much I spend on tickets to a show. I often spend at least that much, often much more, to get a decent seat to a show. Or, to sit in the nose bleed section at Elton John, I paid over $600 for 2 seats.... it was worth it.

Just need to look at each thing and decide if it's worth it to you. I am not a foodie, so I wouldn't pay $180/pp for a Thanksgiving meal, but I can see where many people would. Also, I love that the tip and taxes are included. That doesn't really make the price increase significant at all.

Not @Malcon10t, but we also do the Thanksgiving buffet every year. This year's price is a steep jump for sure. When I called Disneyland Dining last week to inquire when reservations would open, the CM told me October 2 (which you all already know), asked if I had any questions (nope, we do this every year), and warned that the price went up this year (it goes up every year), and interestingly shared that he thought this year's price increase was quite steep. FWIW, he did say the $180 adults and $70 children price was inclusive of gratuity and tax.

Having done this every year, I will say that a big jump would've been justified about 2 years ago, when Disney brought in a new Thanksgiving table set where Minnie and Friends meet and greet, and take pictures around, and brought in some new backdrops for the other meet and greet stations. Disney also upgraded the decor and lighting throughout the ballroom. It's really become quite a swanky affair. (Park attire is still totally ok.) I'm curious what improvements will justify this year's price jump or if Disney is just making a money grab where they can because the Parks division has been struggling with low summer attendance and lukewarm reaction to SWGE.

That said, the price doesn't include just food and drink (the quality and selection has always been very good, and the menu for which you can find on the webpage for the Disneyland Hotel Thanksgiving). As I mentioned, the decor is really impressive, and there are meet and greet spots all around the ballroom, where you can meet and take pictures with Minnie, Pluto, Donald and Daisy, Horace and Clarabelle; and in past years, Koda and Kenai, Chip and Dale, Geppetto and Pinocchio, Pocahontas and Meeko, Robin Hood and Friar Tuck, and I think the Country Bears. The Dwight Kennedy Band has also been on stage every year performing favorite Disney and holiday music, and there's a dance floor for everyone, but especially the kids, to dance. It's really a fun experience where we enjoy good food and make a lot of great memories.

This is a tradition for us, so we'll pay what the Mouse demands and Disney knows it.
I know, I just saw a chance to use my FRIENDS meme and went for it ;) It actually sounds like a great experience, and people pay for all sorts of experiences because they're valuable to them (see Exhibit A: the $400 we will drop on a droid and lightsaber, which I'm guessing cost more "per hour" than the Thanksgiving meal). And as someone else pointed out, the $30 per head increase might actually not be much of an increase at all, if tax and tip are included this year but weren't previously. I hope everyone who attends has a great time!

Booked storytellers, looked like Napa rose went quick! Contemplated Napa rose but my kids might not be able to sit still.

I know, I just saw a chance to use my FRIENDS meme and went for it ;) It actually sounds like a great experience, and people pay for all sorts of experiences because they're valuable to them (see Exhibit A: the $400 we will drop on a droid and lightsaber, which I'm guessing cost more "per hour" than the Thanksgiving meal). And as someone else pointed out, the $30 per head increase might actually not be much of an increase at all, if tax and tip are included this year but weren't previously. I hope everyone who attends has a great time!

IIRC, tax and gratuity has always been included in the price of the buffet. But I totally resemble that meme. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: EmJ
Ok, I'm floored. The Disneyland Hotel Thanksgiving buffet is doing a 3-hour lunch (11 am-2 pm) and dinner (4-7 pm) seating this year with set arrival times. We usually do a late seating, but when I tried booking it online this morning it kept erroring out. By the time I got through to a CM on the phone, the dinner seating was completely sold out. I did get the lunch seating and Storytellers Cafe as a backup for dinner, but I'm going to need to keep checking back to see if I can get a dinner seating for the ballroom. I hope everyone else got the reservations they wanted!

Last edited:
I don’t think Napa rose is available for thanksgiving dinner anymore, I saw the times come up and go. There might be some for those staying onsite but you’ll have to call.

Just booked Storytellers for lunch and Cafe Orleans for an early dinner to give us some options to think about. I will probably keep checking others in the meantime...

Has anyone booked the Disneyland Hotel Thanksgiving? Dining phone line isn't working and every time I do have a option pop up for a time slot, I get the "sorry for the paws" message. So frustrating.

So very frustrated... I've done this meal many times. The last being in 2017. This year the price increase is pretty staggering but that's not my issue. I've been trying to book online all morning and getting the "sorry for the paws message" so I called immediately upon the phone lines opening and got into the queue.... after waiting 30 minutes it started to connect to cast member but then disconnected... Of course the phones lines are all busy now and still getting the paws error. At my wits end... Taking new family this year and was really looking forward to sharing this event with them....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter