When are you going back to Disney (World, Land, etc)

Annual trip is just before Labor Day weekend but I'm itching to go back to DL!!! And whoever is going to Toyko I am so jealous!!!! It's on my bucket list!

DS is applying for the CP, Fall Advantage. If he gets in we'll be taking him down in May (or whenever the start date is). If he doesn't, then we'll probably be taking a short trip around 4th of July since it falls on a Monday and we can do it over a long weekend.

2015 was a fun Disney year for me! We started with a family trip to Disneyland in January. My girls and I attended D23 Expo and Disneyland in August. And I joined my sisters and Mother for Disapalooza and Holiday fun at WDW in December.

This is our gap year. We decided with the refurbishments and family life events that we would plan our next trip when they announce the opening of Pandora.

2017. Dh wants to go for Star Wars land (or whatever it's called) we went in 2015 and twice in 2013 (had a trip planned for March and bil got married in November, worked out pretty well)

We leave Thursday and will be visiting MK for the first time on Friday. Then a DCL cruise for a week. Excited for our first visit but hoping we have decent weather!

Last time we went was 2009. We were planning for August but have cancelled for the Canadian dollar.:guilty:

Last time we went was in 2007 and we haven't been able to get back to WDW since. We talk about going back but it's never in the cards financially. Maybe within 5 years we can go again.
....uhhhh, FIVE YEARS??!?!?!? :eek: :faint:

....we DID have tentative plans to visit for the F&GF in the Spring, but we sold our home and purchased another one....what, with the moving and the reno that has to be done in the new house, it's not in the cards right now....:confused3

I have no idea. We have no plans to go back to WDW until the Star Wars project is complete, which is probably 5-6 years out at least. DD has suddenly gotten it in her head that Stanford might be a good fit for her, so if we go out there to visit the campus we might manage a day or two for DLR while we're on the west coast. And next year is DS's big graduation trip to the UK so maybe we'll figure out how to squeeze in a detour to DLP on that trip.

To be honest, we're sort of "over" our Disney phase. Our youngest is 7 and more able to keep up with the way we do "real world" trips so we're just not thinking theme parks as we plan our travels these days.

I'm feeling :sad:. We had planned Disneyland this Christmas on the way to Canada but we were using points for the flights and the airline was a real PITA about adding a stopover and it would have cost us an extra $1860 just to be allowed to stop so DH nixed it. We have gone every year for over 10 years (to either land or world) but since this trip isn't until the end of this year it is likely to be at least 2 years before we go back. It feels like a really long wait. DH has said that we will "probably" go back before our DD who is about to turn 2 starts school. He is not the fan I/our girls are but has put up with a lot if it for us. It makes me sad for DD that she wont get the visits at 3 and 4 that her sisters got and really makes me see that he will be unlikely to agree to adult trips once the kids are grown :(

I'm feeling :sad:. We had planned Disneyland this Christmas on the way to Canada but we were using points for the flights and the airline was a real PITA about adding a stopover and it would have cost us an extra $1860 just to be allowed to stop so DH nixed it. We have gone every year for over 10 years (to either land or world) but since this trip isn't until the end of this year it is likely to be at least 2 years before we go back. It feels like a really long wait. DH has said that we will "probably" go back before our DD who is about to turn 2 starts school. He is not the fan I/our girls are but has put up with a lot if it for us. It makes me sad for DD that she wont get the visits at 3 and 4 that her sisters got and really makes me see that he will be unlikely to agree to adult trips once the kids are grown :(
....might I suggest a "girls' vacay"?

We might try to go to DL in the next few years but I can't see us visiting WDW any time soon. That is unless we make a stop somewhere there because we're in the area anyway.

I have tons of other places to visit under consideration though.

....might I suggest a "girls' vacay"?

I have joked about this, I have 2 very good friends that we have introduced to the parks that have become as obsessed as I am, but given that it is a 13 hour and very expensive flight to get to DL (and even more so to WDW) it is pretty hard to justify to husbands (unlike a quick weekend trip to Oz for example)

....well, you could start a 'fund' now for the future....say, maybe 2 years from now....:confused3 [ :teeth: ]

I was at Disneyland Paris for New Years Eve and will be back in 55 days for a week at Easter and then back again for a week in the summer at the Disneyland hotel. I would love to get back to WDW and DL some day, but we will probably go to Disneyland Tokyo before that as we have not been there and want to go.

My last trip was in October 2014 with my then DF. My now husband and I will be planning our first married trip for this October.. we were busy last October with our wedding :D We are planning our 1st anniversary to be in Disney. During our amazing 17 day road trip honeymoon he was telling me how he was missing Disney! I'm so excited to start planning again!

DS and I returned 2 weeks ago from an impromptu (2 week notice) trip. DD will be taking a trip to WDW with her marching band in March of 2017, so DH and I are planning on being in Orlando to see her. We will be doing other things while we are there, so will more than likely only visit the MK one or 2 days to see DD march down Main Street. The rest of the time we'll spend at the coast and doing other non-Disney things. We'll see what activities and locales we can discover between now and then. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter