When are All DVC Villas Likely to Have Full Refurbishments?

laserpastry

Earning My Ears
I know they are currently working on Saratoga Springs, and Boulder Ridge is coming up next, but does anyone know the likely schedule for full refurbishments for the other Disney World DVC resorts? EDIT: I know nothing has been officially announced beyond Boulder Ridge, and I know there are many factors that influence when refurbishments happen, but does anyone have an educated guess? I am looking for estimates for full refurbishments only, not soft goods.

Last edited:
Aulani, Poly and VGF are to do softgoods this year. This is a smaller scale work than what is happening at SSR.

HHI and BRV are getting full refurbs in 2022.

BCV gets softgoods in 2022.

The schedule has not been announced any further out than that. OKW just finished a full refurb in the last 2 years so should be quiet a while. RIV won't get softgoods until 2028 or so.

You would have to try and infer full refurbs based on estimated years remaining from dues statements. But these estimates are a range and could be impacted by other factors.

When HHI gets a full refurb in 2022, will the entire resort be unavailable to book all year?

Aulani, Poly and VGF are to do softgoods this year. This is a smaller scale work than what is happening at SSR.

HHI and BRV are getting full refurbs in 2022.

BCV gets softgoods in 2022.

The schedule has not been announced any further out than that. OKW just finished a full refurb in the last 2 years so should be quiet a while. RIV won't get softgoods until 2028 or so.
When HHI gets a full refurb in 2022, will the entire resort be unavailable to book all year?

No. Much as Saratoga has not shut down, they do it a floor or a section at a time, and block off only those villas.

Those who stay nearby may notice the construction.

any chance that with the BRV refurb they will include the small twin bed to the 1bed to make it sleep five, like they just did in SSR?

I think in 2016 they announced a revision of the refurb schedule so that soft goods would be every 7 years and full refurbs every 14. (Originally they were something awful like soft goods 12 years, full refurbs 25 years!) I’m not sure they’ve been able to keep to that plan, though.

I think in 2016 they announced a revision of the refurb schedule so that soft goods would be every 7 years and full refurbs every 14. (Originally they were something awful like soft goods 12 years, full refurbs 25 years!) I’m not sure they’ve been able to keep to that plan, though.
That "plan" is kinda a joke right now what with pushing BRV to 2022.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter