Wheels on the Tent Pad

Toppans

Earning My Ears
This is my first post so I hope I’m do this right...I have a question:

We have a Preferred site for the last week in Jan and would like to know if it’s okay for our camper tires to be on the tent pad.

Thanks for everyone’s help!!

I have had the rear wheels on the coquina pad every time. I have run them on boards as the sites had a bit of a drop off, but I've seen some serious ruts 5-6 ft into the sand on other sites.

j

Nobody else is gonna care if you don't (like snowmedic said). If it helps you fit your rig on your site, then you are the only person who matters.

I was in 100 loop earlier this month (site 125) and saw camper wheels on the tent pad. There is about an inch of coquina (crushed shells that drain water well) on the tent pads and under that is hard packed clay.

Have a great stay!

Bama Ed

PS - when are you arriving?

PPS - yep, you're doing this right. :thumbsup2

Nobody else is gonna care if you don't (like snowmedic said). If it helps you fit your rig on your site, then you are the only person who matters.

I was in 100 loop earlier this month (site 125) and saw camper wheels on the tent pad. There is about an inch of coquina (crushed shells that drain water well) on the tent pads and under that is hard packed clay.

Have a great stay!

Bama Ed

PS - when are you arriving?

PPS - yep, you're doing this right. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the info! We get in on 28 January. This is our second trip to WDW with our new camper. Last year we were in the 1800 loop and worked hard to keep everything on the pavement. Kind of a pain and cramped. Glad I asked this time. Looking forward to being closer to the “action”! We were tent campers for the last 7 years and really glad we made the jump to an RV. Fort Wilderness is our favorite camp ground!!!!!

Well, the same rule applies in the other loops like 1800 - if you need to back the wheels off, do it. It's up to you to decide if you need boards underneath or not but as long as you get level side-to-side and front-to-back, you're good.

I like being in the Preferred loops here the last couple stays because MK is the most frequent park we visit by far and being able to take a short walk and hop on a boat is terribly convenient.

Bama Ed

PS - I've reserved a Preferred loop (100-300 loop) the last six stays and got it five times - the one miss they put me in 400 (Premium) just across the street from 100/200 so it wasn't bad. You'll like hearing the boat whistles, the train whistles from MK, and the horse drawn wagons and carriages clip clopping through the loops. I love the "sounds" in a Preferred loop. :music:

Last edited:

The biggest reason we had for not dropping on to the tent pad was that put our back door in the pad area. Did not want to track all that into the trailer. Now that we have gone to a 43ft fifth wheel, some loops are out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter