• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wheelchair stolen

Nanajo1

DIS Veteran
Last Sunday I met a woman in a manual wheelchair. She told me that not one but TWO wheelchairs were stolen from her! The first was her own and she said clearly not a park chair, it had her name and address on the side. She came out of Candle Light Procession and it was gone. There was not one left in it place, so it was not a case of mistaken ID. Disney is investigating, checking all resorts etc to be sure it wasn't left somewhere. In the mean time they lent her a chair that was also taken( I forget from which attraction). This time Disney gave her a bike lockwith the replacement chair. I have never heard of this happening but I must say I did see some strange behavior this trip. Like when the bus driver cleaning up the bus between trips found two paper bags with dirty diapers. A family with a not so toilet trained little one leaving the bus without telling the driver the child had an accident anda the seat was all wet!
Strange people out there!

I have heard of park wheelchairs being taken (probably a case of mistaken identity or someone who didn't see theirs and figured they could just help themselves to someone elses).
I've never heard of a personal wheelchair being stolen. That is really low of someone to do. Obviously taken by someone who didn't have one or there would have been one left. Sorry to hear it happened to anyone.
As for the dirty diapers left on the bus - that's a strange one. Why would anyone carry them around and then leave them on the bus when there are so many appropriate places to get rid of trash. Unfortunately, I've seen people with "not so toilet trained kids" who have done that before. On one plane trip, a guy ahead of me sat down and found his seat was completely soaked. The people had to have known when they got off the plane that the seat was wet - why not tell the flight attendant?

I was wondering if the diapers were changed on the bus. Like I said strange happendings.

That is very unnerving!! I always hate it when we are seated somewhere and they take DS's special stroller away to park it I always take a big sigh when it still there upon our return.

Sorry this happened to you :( makes you really sad that people would do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter