• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wheelchair questions

planningjollyholiday

DIS Veteran
I'm worried that my mom will get exhausted and may need a wheelchair. Any chance we can rent one at our hotel (Royal Pacific)? How much is a daily rental? Also, we will have express pass, with a wheelchair can we just use the same lines as everyone else, or will we have to queue up in a different spot.

All of the queues are wheelchair accessible. I pushed my mom through the parks for 3 days a couple of years ago. We rented from an offsite provider since there aren't wheelchairs that are rentable at the hotels. They are available at the parks, though.

No wheelchairs at the hotel, but you can rent one in the parks or you can rent from an outside agency for the time you will be there. Just do a google search for Orlando wheelchair rental and you can get prices for your stay. You can also give universal a call and ask for current daily w/c rentals. Depending on how long your stay will be, it may be around the same price to rent per day at the park, and it sounds like your mom gets along fine most of the time, so the walk from the parks to the boat ramp is pretty short, so maybe you would not need the w/c for that part.

Since you have express pass and will presumably be using the express lines, just ask the team member outside the express line and ask them what you need to do.

As damo said, the lines are set up for w/c. but by asking the team member what you need to do, you may be shown in thru another way.

Hi, planningjollyholiday. Check the DISboards DISability forum for wheelchair suggestions and rentals from an outside vendor that you can use from your room to the parks.

I'm worried that my mom will get exhausted and may need a wheelchair. Any chance we can rent one at our hotel (Royal Pacific)? How much is a daily rental? Also, we will have an express pass, with a wheelchair can we just use the same lines as everyone else, or will we have to queue up in a different spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter