Wheelchair area for MK parades

travelbug

DIS Veteran
My trip with my parents is almost here. We are renting a wheelchair for Mom from Walker. My parents have never seen Spectro or Wishes, so I plan to take them one evening.

Not sure how to ask this. I've seen the wheelchair area behind some ropes in front of the castle, but I've never paid attention to how people come to be there. Do we have to ask a CM for permission, or do we just go stake out a place? Would it be OK for me to stay with my parents in that area, or do they limit it somehow to the wheelchair person with only one companion?

Any other advice? Thanks so much! :wave2:

we walked to the entrance of the roped off area and the gentleman (at that time) helped us thru and found a place for her wheelchair........they will just let you in providing there is enough room in that one area....

Thanks, pumba! That helps. We'll try to get to that area plenty early. There's plenty of great people watching to do while we wait. ;)

just agreeing with Pumba.
:yes:
Sometimes, if there is a big crowd for the wheelchair viewing area, they will limt the number of people allowed in the area to the person with a disability plus one other person to accompany them. That's usuallyt only when it's busy and since (I think) there are only 3 of you total, I don't think you will have a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter